·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to get an idea for the:

1) 600 miles

2) 3,800 miles

3) 7,500 miles

I have a feeling in Southern Cal, it's going to be around $500.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Up in Northern California, the 600 mile service goes for about $700 (Ass rape emoticon?). I have my appointment scheduled in another 3 weeks. That's the earliest they can get me in.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Mine is in right now for the 600 mile-service. I will get it tomorrow nite if I am lucky so I can ride the hell out of it during the long weekend. So will tell you later how much it was, but was told (round numbers) $400 plus materials (oil, filters, etc) if nothing was wrong when they got her naked.

John, anything planned for the weekend?

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
hes said:
Mine is in right now for the 600 mile-service. I will get it tomorrow nite if I am lucky so I can ride the hell out of it during the long weekend. So will tell you later how much it was, but was told (round numbers) $400 plus materials (oil, filters, etc) if nothing was wrong when they got her naked.

John, anything planned for the weekend?
the funny thing is:
IF something WERE wrong at the 600 mile service..... then MV ought to pay the extra, no you.

folks talk about the valves being out of adjustment and the bike needing more hours of work... thus, a big increase in cost...

well, a 600 mile checkup should NOT give that result, if you know what i mean

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
449 Posts
Well guys, just wait until you have to get the 24,000km major service. Just had mine done. Admittedley they replace everything including fork oil, coolant, brake and clutch fluids, valve adjustment and new shims if required, etc.

On top of all that the replacement of the rear hub, as per your service manual, has been brought forward from the 36k service to the 24k due to a couple of failures. Price of the rear hub you may well ask??? How does AUD$1052 sound. Yeah flattened me as well. So all up I paid AUD$2,000 for the service. That hurts.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
ouch!!!! that hurts. I do about 90% of the servicing myself. Parts for MV are expensive as it is so you either pay or learn how to do self service. Thanks to this wonderful website, I got the bearing part numbers from this website and contacted CBC bearings. The cost is about $70.00 AUD

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's what I found out. I'll update this after I call the AZ dealerships:

-Pro Italia, Glendale, CA: $600
- GP Motorcycles, San Diego, CA: $325

I love Pro Italia but that's a bit of a difference for the same service. I believe the $600 would be appropriate for a Ducati service if they were checking the belts and valves but for a MV, it seems a bit excessive.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
odonata said:
yeah... and not having to taste 92 octane....PRICELESS
well now that you know what to do, next time you're it's your turn to get the petrol mouthwash.

or i could try one of these (again)

siphon

alex

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I paid under $400 for the 1000 (600) mile service, did the 3800 myself for about $60 and paid just over a grand for the 7500 mile service, including a new rear tire.

But I really have to give Steve at Renaissance props, 'cause he always gets me done same day!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fazer6 said:
I paid under $400 for the 1000 (600) mile service, did the 3800 myself for about $60 and paid just over a grand for the 7500 mile service, including a new rear tire.

But I really have to give Steve at Renaissance props, 'cause he always gets me done same day!
At the time I had my 750, Renaissance was the only place I could go to (other than a 400 mile trip to GP in San Diego). I think my first service was $350 and the 7500 was also $1000 b/c of the tire, service and 14T sprocket. I think I also did the 3800 service myself since it was mostly an oil change.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
At the time I had my 750, Renaissance was the only place I could go to (other than a 400 mile trip to GP in San Diego). I think my first service was $350 and the 7500 was also $1000 b/c of the tire, service and 14T sprocket. I think I also did the 3800 service myself since it was mostly an oil change.
Yeah, owning an MV ain't cheap, but major service intervals being 7500 miles, it should only come up a couple times a year for me, so amortized over 12 months, it's not bad.

I'm still waiting to feel out the new Scottsdale MV, but they really seem to be empahsizing Ducati, and their prices are a bit higher from waht I've been able to get out of them.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
fazer6 said:
Yeah, owning an MV ain't cheap, but major service intervals being 7500 miles, it should only come up a couple times a year for me, so amortized over 12 months, it's not bad.

I'm still waiting to feel out the new Scottsdale MV, but they really seem to be empahsizing Ducati, and their prices are a bit higher from waht I've been able to get out of them.
Well, it's not that I'm cheap (well, actually I am :rant: ) but what bothers me is paying twice as much for something that's for the most part identical for authorized dealerships.

That being said, I won't make a big deal about it. Back in the day, I had to make a 100 mile trips (twice with the MV on a trailer) for service because Reniassance was the only shop in a 400 mile radius. I could always make a 100 mile trip to San Diego HOWEVER Pro Italia worked their asses off to make the deal happen so they do deserve the business. Ah, I'll worry about it in 400 miles.

In regards, to Scottsdale, I'd like to be able to try out Scottsdale MV for service but I'm just not up to 1000 mile trips on the MV right now. But, I'm heading to Phoenix this weekend so I'll definitely stop by tomorrow....in a rental car. :laughing: Maybe their focusing on Ducati because their trying to get Phoenix market shares from AZSBK (formerly known and Cyclemoto).

·
Registered
109 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
Here's what I found out. I'll update this after I call the AZ dealerships:

-Pro Italia, Glendale, CA: $600
- GP Motorcycles, San Diego, CA: $325

I love Pro Italia but that's a bit of a difference for the same service. I believe the $600 would be appropriate for a Ducati service if they were checking the belts and valves but for a MV, it seems a bit excessive.

MV 1st service last I checked was a valve adjustment. Sounds like GP is not checking them. Its very rare that you need to adjust anything but its still part of the service.
Anyone doing a "home service" keep good records. In case of future problems
As for Scottsdale, They are not battling with anyone. There is no need too when you are letting your work and customer service do the talking.
I also know 1st hand they surport you guys, Your not left out. :conveyer:

·
Registered
14 Posts
How exactly are we focusing only on "Ducati?"

It is important to us that we represent all brands in both product and service. We have made a significant investment in product, special tools, training and more for the MV Agusta product . . . many have decided to support the new local dealer with great success.

From my understanding there has not been an MV Agusta dealer ever in the Phoenix metro area.

Your comments, privately, would be most apprciated as we want to support our riding community!

Best regards,

David Slepak
[email protected]

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mvagustascottsdale said:
From my understanding there has not been an MV Agusta dealer ever in the Phoenix metro area.

David Slepak
[email protected]
That's correct. There's never been a MV dealer in Phoenix. Cyclemoto (Arizona Superbike) tried to do some work on them but it was mostly trial and error (as the case with my old 2000 model). :violin:

So, Phoenix rider's only choice was to ride down to Tucson (about 90 miles) for service - which usually meant taking a day off or spending 8 hours on a Saturday to get the work done. :violin: It was also real PITA if you're bike wasn't rideable (like when I broke my fuel coupling) and you has two tow you bike to Tucson. :violin:

So I'm really, really, really happy that there's an MV dealership in Phoenix. (About time!!! ;) ) Not having a dealership is Phoenix metro is almost as bad as not having an L.A. dealership! Kudos to Cagiva USA. The only down side personally is that it happened after I moved back to L.A. :violin:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alan, I read with interest your postings about the purchase you made on the F4. I am curious as to what made you decide on the '06 verses waiting for the '07's? I understand that the 07's have a new fuel injection system, although I am trying to find out what other improvements were made over the current model year. I also understand that the 07 is going to be about 3K more money (asking price), but I am struggling to make a decision as to whether I should just wait...Please advise.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts