MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you getting to a tank of fuel? In sport mode I'm getting 75 miles till the fuel light comes on. I know the tank is 0.6 Ltr smaller than my Brutale 800 but still, I would get 100 miles on that before the fuel light came on?

Not tried a tank full in normal mode yet to compare?

Not expecting a huge response as there appears to be only around 3 or 4 Stradale owners worldwide :D

·
Registered
433 Posts
Slow & steady

What are you getting to a tank of fuel...
After about 12 000 mi on the Stradale.

Mostly road, very little city traffic, median mileage for the light to show up is 114 mi.
Normal mode about 50% of the time rain 20% or 30%, the rest in 'sport' mode.
On a typical day ride, normal or sport makes almost no difference relative to fuel use. 42 MPG (imperial) or 35 MPG (US)

By full tank I mean 3.5 gal. Bike upright, the two banana-shaped sides of the tank carefully filled.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My light come on at around 75 miles but having pulled straight in previously there was around 4.5 litres of fuel left based on manufactures tank capacity so should do 110-120 miles on a tank quite easily and mines always in sport mode.:brutale:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Out for a blast today and got 170km until the fuel light came on, had to go another 38km until I found a petrol station. The bike took 15.9 Liters, I'm sure the Dragster is a 16L tank so I was pretty bloody close to empty. I think 210Km in Sport mode is pretty decent.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I must ride differently than most...my b3 800 got 120 miles before light. This was on a Sunday ride in the twisties.

My F3 675 gets about 120 miles before light too...similar riding

Forgot to mention both bikes are in sport mode all the time

·
Registered
309 Posts
F3 675 custom mapping, fuel light come on at about 200-210Km (125-130 miles) and that Sunday twistys riding like a Nanna!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
on my 1090RR I get about 120 miles before the light comes on and an easy 25-30 on the light. Still a couple of litres left when I fill up. So I guess a 150-160 mile range easy enough

·
Registered
811 Posts
My light comes on right about 100 miles. There is usually a gallon or more left so I'm thinking I can get around 140-150 miles on a tank. Maybe more.

·
Registered
320 Posts
My light comes on right about 100 miles. There is usually a gallon or more left so I'm thinking I can get around 140-150 miles on a tank. Maybe more.
Same... Light comes on at pretty much exactly 100 miles, didn't realise their was that much left though, I was panicking the other day at 120miles trying to find a refill...

By my calculations I reckon that its doing around 35mpg (UK gallons)

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seems many of you either ride very err.......conservatively or your bikes have a bigger tank. ;)

I'm pretty sure I posted this in the Rivale/Stradale section so I could hear from other owners of Stradale's, as it was meant as a model specific question, seems it's been moved into "general performance"

·
Registered
433 Posts
GS Speed demon

Seems many of you either ride very err.......conservatively...
The figure I quoted are based on real life gas station stubs.
For about 20 000 km on a Stradale.

After 10 months of riding it's conservative.

Or simply slow and short hops

The B3 800 mean speed was less than 1km/h faster on the very same trip.
And the mean gas mileage was about 10% less on a gal!

Same trip, same conservative, lazy throttle, but Stradale instead of Brutale.

Seems that real life "general performance" of the Stradale are a whole lot better viz. gas mileage than the Brutale.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Because I'm a particular type of person perhaps a little anal at times I record all my fuel consumption

This is riding my F3 675 in custom mode as a weekend warrior on regular Sydney road such as:

The Old Pacific Hwy
Macquarie Pass
Royal national Park

Where I am located there is quite a lot of freeway/motorway riding to get to the twistys so this could explain what I would consider reasonable fuel economy

*Orange highlight indicates the fuel light had come on

·
Registered
51 Posts
I find that my consumption is better when going fast(ish) - terrible in the city, and when I have fun in the hills it's sort of allright. Never good - and because I am easily scared :) I hardly ride till the light comes on, I fill up early.

·
Registered
309 Posts
- and because I am easily scared :) I hardly ride till the light comes on, I fill up early.
This is the main reason I started recording my fuel consumption so I could get an average distance before I ran out of fuel... so far working on a 15.5L tank I "should" get 301km...

I know I can confidently get 250km before I have to start stressing

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I have a 675 F3 and fuel consumption varies dramatically depending on the riding. The bike is in normal mapping mode.
Distance to fuel light comes on:
cruise mode 220 km
play mode (6,000-9,000 rpm) 195 km
serious play mode (10,000+ rpm) 170 km

The readings were taken over two separate weeks of riding in Tasmania and the Australian Alps where most of the time you are 'playing' for the whole time on the bike between fuel stops. It was a bit scary a few times as I wasn't sure I would get to the next stop before running out of petrol. Serious play mode is fun as in the speedo reads 100-125 km/h in 1st (and still haven't hit the limiter) and most corners are ridden in either 1st or 2nd gear.

·
Registered
51 Posts
my fuel consumption varies from 9l/100km to 11.5l/100km
I have done 190km on a tank, but fill up generally after 130 to 150km

B1078rr

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
From reading the above (from various models of MV's) I've come to the conclusion.........fu*k it, life's too short, just ride it like you stole it and enjoy, no matter the cost ;) :D

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Approx 100 miles give or take about 8 depending on riding. Works out to be about 36mpg

I then get about another 20 miles on reserve before I get nervous and fill up

Custom map with everything set to sport except throttle sensitivity with is road

1 - 20 of 23 Posts