MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you lot but right here, right now, it's the better part of 21:45 & I'm hungry ... Why, you may ask?

I picked up a NEW barbeque this afternoon. I won it as a prize for buying two bottles of wine at the local grog shop. As I'm so stoked that I've obtained a $200 BBQ for nothing I thought that I'd spark it up & make a sacrifice to the Gods of all things nice ...

Tonights menu:-
BBQ Skippy.

Thats right. Here in the "Lucky Country" we get to eat our national emblems. And let me tell you; Kangaroo is a mighty fine piece of roast.

So. To flavour the thread & make you all lick your lips in envy ... I've provided a few pix:-

The starting fire:-

There is something Primordial & medievil about staring into a coal fire ... it just makes me want to stick a piece of steel into it & then start hitting said piece with a hammer:-

Trying to get a good shot of flames, while using a fill flash, is the pits:-

CAUTION ... Webber at work:-

Tonights menu ... Roo a la mode:-

I hope you all enjoy it as much as I will

;)

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Dude, up north it's frickin' cold....jealous that you got the BBQ out.

I'm ordering pizza as we speak. BBQ-chikin. :)

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Well, tonight we had tuna mornay, cocktail franks, fair bread, chow mein, sausage rolls, and quite a few other dishes - it's my daughter's birthday today! With any luck, this'll be the final celebration, because the festivities have been dragging out for quite a while now! :)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
That ham looks nice Greg, can I have a slice please? :laughing:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Oh man, I gotta try Kangaroo (or whatever you guys are calling it). Kinda looks like a small chunk of meat, but I suppose that's what you get with those. Can you compare it to any other animal?

I just did pork chops last night really simple in the grill pan. I need to do another one of my mesquite seared roasts though. Or chili. Or salmon.

I like food quite a bit.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
I'm partial to Morton Bay Bugs myself, but have enjoyed Kangaroo, Croc and Emu last time I was in Australia. Damn 'Roos are like rats, always jumpin out in front of cars and all.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
acruhl said:
Nope, but looks like there is one in Scottsdale. Which figures. Maybe I'll try to find it next time I'm up there. I can always use some cooking stuff.

You can and should open and smell everything but we have some favourites if you like dry rubs; Bavarian, Northwoods and Chicago. Lots of great stuff. Oh, get some whole vanilla beans.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
RobP said:
I'm partial to Morton Bay Bugs myself, but have enjoyed Kangaroo, Croc and Emu last time I was in Australia. Damn 'Roos are like rats, always jumpin out in front of cars and all.
:laughing: Yeah, I prefer Australias seafood to the national emblem (well its not really, the wallaby is) anyway, those bugs are on my plate for Christmas as were looking at 40 odd degrees!

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
agusta01 said:
:laughing: Yeah, I prefer Australias seafood to the national emblem (well its not really, the wallaby is) anyway, those bugs are on my plate for Christmas as were looking at 40 odd degrees!
Are you saying that the wallaby is our national emblem? I don't think so!

In fact, we only have a floral emblem. The roo and the emu are on our coat of arms.

We agree on one thing though - bugs are fantastic. Unless roo is done perfectly, it's pretty awful...

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
agusta01 said:
Can I join you for Christmas then?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Down here we can't eat the Tassie Devils anymore!!! They got facial tumours! But anyway we'll eat a few Tassie Tigers

awh!! Bugger it!.... I just forgot that we killed all of them off in the 1930's!!!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Bald Eagle tastes a little like California Condor..... kinda like chicken... but gamier...

Cooking tip required:

Can you make Australian Haggis from Kangaroo Pouch?

Should i leave the eyes in when BBQ'ing Kangaroo head??

Thanks in advance!

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
khfx said:
Incidentally, is it true that most Koala's in OZ have Venereal Disease?

Does that change the taste?
Yep - most of them have chlamydia, but we wouldn't eat those bits! :)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Sventekoz said:
Are you saying that the wallaby is our national emblem? I don't think so!

In fact, we only have a floral emblem. The roo and the emu are on our coat of arms.

We agree on one thing though - bugs are fantastic. Unless roo is done perfectly, it's pretty awful...
Damn it wrong again!! ...I always remember the coat of arms emblem with the emu and wallaby.... never mind the wallabys are pretty crap at moment anyway....unlike our ashes team! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts