MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took my F4 out on Wednesday evening..The roads were empty and I pointed the bike at Castlebar in the west ...

My God in heaven this bike is a fkg missile...Tucked in behind the fairing the power is unbelievable. The power development aftet the Microtec implant and Chris at X bikes magic is unreal...The starship enterprise or what !

I upgraded this 2007 F4 with a MY10 cooling system and the bike was holding temp of 66 deg C in the " cruise"

I left the garage earlier, full of the day's trials and tribulations, as I am sure many of us do, but once I left Frenchpark and the N5 opened before me my mood changed to a great big kid having fun....

I came home and hour or two later full of happiness and thank God for the Italian joy of motorbiking .....

Yay !!! :grin2:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,324 Posts
As it should be!

·
Registered
418 Posts
As it should be!
Easier said than done Chuck.

My day had started out like Joe until I got the fuel light, stopped to fill up and bang! the BullShit battery went on strike like a union bus driver, no warning, no signs, just stopped working. Of course the nearest two motorcycle dealers didn't have a suitable battery, and bump start didn't work either so on the flatbed it went.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ive had my share of those days too Paul....

2 years ago,mid tour in Ireland, I broke down on my Laverda outside Oughterard Co Galway.:surprise:

I had to wait for hours and hours for recovery...I sat on the wall and different folks stopped by and offered me help in the way of a lift, a tow, food, accommodation...

A couple of English guys told me how they had been touring out west and then just decided to stay to get away from manic UK........Stay ? now there was a concept out of my comfort zone true but one that made me stop and think..and think some more and then one rainy morning back in England, I picked up the phone and made a call to a realtor ( estate agent ) and cutting the story short..I pointed a bike out of the UK and headed off into wild Ireland..

and now I live here and last May married my best friend in the whole world ! ...I remember with gin clear clarity the very moment that the mighty Jota faltered on that bend...It could have killed me but lady luck smiled and out of adversity sprang a whole new exciting chapter in my life.....

Joe

·
Super Moderator
22,324 Posts
Ah, caught out by the BS!! The way that bike is on the flatbed give me the creeps.

Joe, just how clear was the GIN!!

·
Super Moderator
22,324 Posts
I was thinking about the stresses applies through the forks and frame as the bike is stretched by hydraulic power...

·
Registered
418 Posts
I was thinking about the stresses applies through the forks and frame as the bike is stretched by hydraulic power...
They were just normal ratchet straps Chuck, the one around the fork/brake caliper didn't do much other than keeping the bike in one place (against the wheel chock) until the other straps were done.

·
Super Moderator
22,324 Posts
Ah, I see! It looks like the chap put the bike on The Rack!

·
Registered
641 Posts
I had the original BS battery in my bike until yesterday..... I didn't want an issue in my way to the Dragon............

1 - 11 of 11 Posts