MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Awesome. I will come by and say hello at least once...Can I still drive into the pits, or do I have to say I know someone?

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
339 Posts
Great news, David :yo: I didn't think you were coming, but it will be awesome to see you and Vince. I'll be there all day Sat and Sun with my red R1 (unless Griff wants to slap a number on the Tambo, ha ha). I'm signed up for A Superbike, of course it's scheduled to be the last race of the day. Are you running that event too, or just Twins?

Hey, you guys want to share a garage?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Oh, I couldn't until I bought my way there and it costs me a pretty penny...:smoking: With the Wife's blessing, I will be there sometime after mid-night on Friday. Practice on Saturday then race the HWT classes on Sunday. I will have to bug out as soon as the racing is done and be back in Vegas to close shop.

I am planning on bring the 999R and the Mille Factory. The Mille Factory will be at Dynojet tomorrow for a tuning/mapping session, a new quickshifter, then it will ready to rock and roll. The ZX-10R will stay home this trip so i don't think I will compete in the A SB/SS races but I will have to see how practice goes on Saturday. If, and this is a big if, I get below 1:35s during practice, I might consider racing the twins in A Superstock race. :naughty: (Frickin' Jack Pfeiffer says 1:29s but knowing him, 1:29s is when he's off his game or just running around. Jack will probably bring his ZX-10R, ZX-6RR and ride someone's built Mille Factory in the HWT classes. :cry: Faaark, at this rate, riding well will place me top ten. :bawling: )

As for garage space, Vince brings his usual mobile garage/transport :laughing: so you are welcome to pit with us for the weekend.

Looking forward see you guys there!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well, at least it will be easy to find you guys :) I was just thinking of grabbing a garage so I don't have to bring my trailer. That's the nice part of living so close to Fontana . . . just throw the bike in the back of the pickup and go. I'm not crazy about the track, but the facilities are second only to MMP.

I had thought about Formula 1 (Novice, of course) but hopefully the A Superbike field will be smaller. Besides, its my first WERA event and I just want to get the feel of things. I'd like to do the WERA West rounds at Vegas and Miller if things work out. Unfortunately, many of the WSMC and WERA dates conflict this year so I'll have to choose between the two.

So are you saying that Pfeiffer might be riding your bike? Jack is a regular at WSMC and always among the super fast guys. It might be nice to get a few tips :naughty:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Nah, Jack didn't have too much luck with my bike :) (The last time he rode it, it costed him $250K in medical bills.)

The people racing in Formula 1 typically run A Superbike, sometimes A Superstock too. Had a pretty decent season in the Formula 1 Nv class in 2005. so I tried A Superbike Expert Class in 2006, got my ass handed to me on a silver platter. As a matter of fact, I tried to give that last place away all race long until the final lap, my peg came loose and other racers gave it back to me. :banghead:

Fontucky is one of my favorite tracks. First is MMP then Fontucky. While Fontucky isn't very technical, it's a fast, flowing track which I tend to like (I like Willow Big Track too but hate the weather pattern there.) Got on with it really well. Did mid 1:35s during my second trackday there. If time permits, I really like to know the track better. :yo:

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Vegas Boys...The freeway signs are on again "15 North closed to Cajon Pass on January 6-8". Probably means you will need to go up the 215, so plan for a slightly longer trip home...Sorry! Hopefully they will finish that stretch sometime this decade...See y'all there!

Nevermore, the MV isn't quite track ready, but the YSR50 is ready to go, and she's all yours to race! Does WERA have a Super50's class? HAHAHA!

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
339 Posts
twoeleven said:
Nevermore, the MV isn't quite track ready, but the YSR50 is ready to go, and she's all yours to race! Does WERA have a Super50's class? HAHAHA!

Griff
twoeleven
:laughing: :laughing: Actually, they do, but the thought of me on one is just too painful :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Dammit, I want to race! You guys are killing me... My 996 is still in a shitheap and needs $$ to fix it. I'd go to watch but I really can't, just got back to town and got lots to do (including getting the engine out of my damn Ducati).

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I haven't ridden at race pace for months and months. Showing up to a new track on a new bike at this point would be silly. Maybe even dangerous. I gotta get a track day or 2 in before I try to go at race pace again.

Thanks for the offer though! I would love to ride that bike again.

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
"Wheelies while spinning the rear tire", if I am remembering the quote correctly... :smoking:

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Heh. That was with regular Pilot Powers though. I doubt it would do that with race tires, they are a whole different ball game.

All that stuff "just happens" though. I don't claim to actually be a good rider! I still don't really know how to wheelie. I used to do it on my R1 but I don't really remember how I did it... heh. The 996 likes to wheelie when it actually will run.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am in the same boat with you on the ZX-10R as far as wheelie goes.

I just dropped the Mille Factory off with Dusty at Dynojet. I am anxiously waiting for the dyno result (Vince test-rode the bike and commented that it seems to have more torque than his Ducshop-built Superbike spec 999R.) We will see.

Andy, you will love the Mille Factory so much more now that the suspension are sorted running on Pirelli slicks. Just come out if you can, Saturday is a trackday.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Fontucky round has been cancelled due to strong wind blowing unpredictably across the track. As disappointing as it was with the cancellation, the prospect of wrestling the bike from 170mph against the prevailing wind into T1/T2 was horrific.

...Some action pictures from Saturday practice will be coming shortly!

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
I am sorry to hear that, David. It was nice to see you guys, and thanks again for the hospitality.

Please let us know when you are heading back out this way.

Griff
twoeleven

1 - 20 of 34 Posts