MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a ride around town, still running-in period. Slowly installing Suntek paint protect film. All I have to say at this point is the Bike is totally awesome, very fun indeed.

·
Administrator
20,750 Posts
Yessssss........:smoking: :f4:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Went for a ride around town, still running-in period. Slowly installing Suntek paint protect film. All I have to say at this point is the Bike is totally awesome, very fun indeed.
I just ordered Suntek for 3 bikes (F4, 1199 Panigale, RC51) Are you finding the film quite tedious to install? How does it look once installed?

Thanks

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
All depends on tecnique. With enough experience youll know how to stretch for clean fit around curves. Have patience. It gets more tacky as it dries. You have to wait to that time for it to hold down as you work it around tough bends. I messed up the front fairing nose piece and they sent me a replacement. That is the only one I have to attempt again. The rest went on fairly easy. Remember, to prevent folds around curves (excess material) you have to stretch just enough parallel to the curve to take up slack. This in effect elongates the piece along the curve. Stretch just enough as you tack it down from one end to the other. Overstretching the material will damage it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Does Suntek have pre-cut sections for the MV or did you just buy sheets and cut them yourself?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a precut kit that is quite fabulous. You can find them on Ebay from a business out of California who has the comprehensive pattern and cuts them on a plotter. Its about $150 US for the kit and it does not come with the excess material around the pieces so you won't have any spare material to cover other locations like the airbox which does not have its own piece in the kit. I'm about to get some additional pieces from the local detailer to cover the airbox because I just installed a tank bag :) Have fun with Suntek, its the easiest I've used and is self healing if you scratch it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'll need Mister Miyagi (the 80's movie "Karate Kid" reference) to teach me a thing or two about patience before I try installing one of these kits. It can be very tedious and time consuming. But well worth it in the end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts