MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
11500 for an SPR (sure its been crashed..but "repaired")!

Up for grabs in california

http://www.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/133173867.html

Craigslist:

=== MV AGUSTA * SPR * F4 === 500 MILES ! === CARBON FAIRINGS - $11500 (berkeley)

2004 MV SPR
500MILES ONLY.
600 MI SERVICE DONE. $600
BREMBO MASTER CYL., $300
UNDER WARRANTY.
208GP TIRES $350
CARBON SIDE FAIRINGS $1000

Bike had a mild low side on left, due to small scratch on frame was salvaged.
its perfectly straight.

all damage fixed.

$11500,
the bike was orig. $22k~! They sell for $17k+ on avg.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Looks OK. Are you going to buy it Alvin? :)

·
Registered
474 Posts

Not sure I understand your Title system, but I guess Salvage Title hurts the resale pretty bad. Wouldn't worry me for that price. If you couldn't sell it when the time came, parting it out would get you a fair amount of $$. That or get another frame with clean title and make money.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
If what they say is true I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. I had a friend purchase a 916 for peanuts in a deal like this and once repaired it was as good as new.

Admin are you considering it.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Not after that one but thats some low price... although its calling for me. I actually e-mailed for more pictures to post here in case anyone was looking for an SPR track bike or something :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Spr

Thank you guys for the Interest :smoking:

Heres the break down:

The bike had a minor spill, but since the right frame at the engine mount was scraped (barely seen) it was salvaged.

I changed the side fairings, right master, and mirror.

UPGRADES:

-600 mile service done $600++
-CARBON SIDE FAIRINGS $1000
-BREMBO BRAKE MASTER $300
-TECNOSEL GEL SEAT $300
-208GP TIRES
-CRC ALLOY 40T. REAR SPROCKET (NOT INSTALLED)

It has 500 miles only!

$11500 firm.

Here are pics (if it works! ) ..

·
Registered
72 Posts
That would make the best 11000 dollar track bike available. With a salvage title it'll be hard to anything else with it, but it does look to be done up correctly. What # SPR is it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Heck sell it to me and I'll sell it back the title will clear itself my 748 did. But I might have to keep it if I bought it...hehe

Chris

·
Registered
474 Posts
Anyone care to explain the US Title system? :nerd:

Australia has a system called the Written-Off Vehicle Register (WOVR)
Insurance Salvages are classified as either:
1. Repairable (Economic) Write-Off. Clears when vehicle is re-registered after repair.
2. Statutaory Write-Off. VIN is cancelled, can be re-registered ever. For wrecking/parts or racebike only.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Spr

I have too many bikes, and am buying a property so need the cash.
Selling the SPR / 01 748R / 01 748 .. :crazyeyes

Its no. 276 of 300 btw.

Very nice bike indeed no B.S. and i have never had a bike that gets so much attention ! Its like having a hot girlfriend that all your friends wanna hump.. :eek: ...... the carbon fairings made the matters even worst !

Thanx

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It really is a beautiful machine. Keep us posted on the sale! (or if the price keeps dropping) :stickpoke

·
Registered
6 Posts
Spr

2001 748R with 3k miles is $10k.
ff rotors / 50mm slipons.

2001 748 with 4k miles, R slipper clutch, quick change sprocket, revalved showa forks, crabon hugger, etc.. $6900

Thats cheeeep, wouldnt you say ?!

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
These were sent to me by request from the seller.

Even with the ding, quite a beauty.. stunning track bike if not a street bike!

:(

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
I would say get it as well, you have put so much time and effort into making this site great for all those that love MV's and i think it is a shame you don't have one of your own to ride/play with/look at!! Buy one of the bikes i have seen pics of and ride the Sh!t out of it!! If anyone deserves one you do.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Its only a matter of time... hopefully soon! If things were going my way I would already have one in my garage to oogle at! Boy do I love the SPRs

·
Registered
878 Posts
I know the owner from other web sites and know the kinds of bikes he has had. All I can say is that his bikes are very well detailed and cared for. I doubt it if he would take a short cut anywhere... I'd get it for my Veltro replica project if I could...

1 - 20 of 73 Posts