MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed that my hugger was sitting kind of funny at the end of my last track day. I hadn't ridden since but i decided today would be a good day to get her cleaned up and ready to go into the house for the winter. Took the wheel off and found a torn hardened rubber well nut.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Good spotting Al. They are an easy fix. I have a few of the common wellnut sizes spare for exactly this reason.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
plugging holes?

oldbutspry;

yes, a bolt threads into it, but its a common way of creating problems......ask Dave, the_castle about his chain guard wellnut failure

some can be replaced with rivnuts, my '10 swing arm on my '05 is tapped
i have a 1st gen swing arm that is tapped too

hey Al, glad you spotted it:drummer:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you spotted it before I did Noel.

What is the difference between the early model and 2010 swingarm?

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Oi

oldbutspry;

yes, a bolt threads into it, but its a common way of creating problems......ask Dave, the_castle about his chain guard wellnut failure

some can be replaced with rivnuts, my '10 swing arm on my '05 is tapped
i have a 1st gen swing arm that is tapped too

hey Al, glad you spotted it:drummer:
I take it one of those swing-arms are in a box now ready to be shipped to AU ? :naughty:.

Jokes aside, the wellnut on the swing-arm is easy to replace no harm will come to you if you loose one or two, can't say the same about either of your chain guards or hugger though. Because I race my bike only and did not what to worry about these again I decided to crimp Rivnuts into my swing-arm, although this requires the crimping tool and screw size changes to 6mm for the hugger.

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
Looks secure & neat Donsy, dontcha just luv nifty engineering solutions!? I've got a Rivnut tool & Rivnuts on the way thanks to your advice, cheers mate!

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
+10

Looks secure & neat Donsy, dontcha just luv nifty engineering solutions!? I've got a Rivnut tool & Rivnuts on the way thanks to your advice, cheers mate!
Good to hear mate, I have a spare tool here if the boys need one but it get's expensive just mailing it all over the place.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
I think you spotted it before I did Noel.

What is the difference between the early model and 2010 swingarm?
its about a kilo lighter and 20mm longer :mouthwate

the factory mag swingarms are a tiny bit lighter and the same length:yo:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts