MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well what a [email protected]
I get home get the brute out check her over , all good or so I thought.!! 5 ks down the road had to slow down so I pull the front on start to pull up . The front end dips and then no brakes

both front fork seals decide to fail ,,oil every where ........... so easy new fork seals you say...well im back out on site sat till new year jan 27

all I can say is Thanks to mark at Sun State motor cycles QLD they are picking the bike up so it will be ready for me to pick on the28th

·
Registered
39 Posts
Don't know what mileage you've done, my brand new 2013 1090RR popped a seal in the first 20 miles from the showroom to my house...........great way to start a relationship....................methinks not.:bawling:

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I am going to put the mockers on my 2005 bike but ive done almost 100,000ks most problem free
I had the std 910 elect problems then 10k ago the hub failed
I broke the clocks the rest just normal wear n tear

·
Super Moderator
22,445 Posts
Col, had you run the bike through anything that was sticky and gritty...like a bunch of bugs?
Usually dual fork seals failures would be caused by an abrasive on the fork legs. You don't seem like the type to neglect your bike so I'm just wondering.....

Any harsh impacts?

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
well what a [email protected]
I get home get the brute out check her over , all good or so I thought.!! 5 ks down the road had to slow down so I pull the front on start to pull up . The front end dips and then no brakes

both front fork seals decide to fail ,,oil every where ........... so easy new fork seals you say...well im back out on site sat till new year jan 27

all I can say is Thanks to mark at Sun State motor cycles QLD they are picking the bike up so it will be ready for me to pick on the28th

Glad you and your bike are ok Col..That could've been a real nasty...:jsm: :cry::cry:

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep sure last ride out

·
Registered
967 Posts
Yeah as Joe said lucky you didn`t have to pull up in a big hurry or get that oil all over the tyre when tipping into a corner. Have a beer and celebrate your good fortune. What weight oil are they going to put back in?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad you and your bike are ok Col..That could've been a real nasty...:jsm: :cry::cry:
yep im glad of that 2 lucky I was going for a nice shave and trim first before a ride
im just pissed off that this is my week off of site go back Monday 9 dec back 22 jan

·
Registered
819 Posts
Wow, what an odd failure. Gotta say i've actually never seen or heard of a dual failure where the forks just collapse. Glad nothing worse happened.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Col, had you run the bike through anything that was sticky and gritty...like a bunch of bugs?
Usually dual fork seals failures would be caused by an abrasive on the fork legs. You don't seem like the type to neglect your bike so I'm just wondering.....

Any harsh impacts?
Haven't you seen the video chuck, he takes the thing dirt trackin! River crossings and all!

Sunstate are top notch Col, as you know. At least it's in good hands

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haven't you seen the video chuck, he takes the thing dirt trackin! River crossings and all!

Sunstate are top notch Col, as you know. At least it's in good hands
... dont make it sound like i go moto X
the bikes dome nearly 100.000 klm and coming up for 8 1/2 yrs old ..... i think they have lasted a huge amount of time and yes ive taken it on an unsealed rd and across a ford and ridden hard

MV im not complaining about it just how annoying it is with my only week off on till late Jan

·
Vendor
5,359 Posts
Glad you'r OK Col,2 fork seals at the same time is almost unheard of.Double dose of bad luck.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glad you'r OK Col,2 fork seals at the same time is almost unheard of.Double dose of bad luck.
as MRT says i do sort ride it hard and yes a roads a road sealed or unsealed and is out sun rain snow and ice LOL
also been out to Roma and Injune a few times bush roads aint the best

as for both going at the same time it really dont matter as both seals would have been replaced

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
Eddy are you giving col a hard time:naughty:

I only wash mine during solar eclipses

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
as MRT says i do sort ride it hard and yes a roads a road sealed or unsealed and is out sun rain snow and ice LOL
also been out to Roma and Injune a few times bush roads aint the best

as for both going at the same time it really dont matter as both seals would have been replaced

I guess if the one seal blew then the strain would have all been on the other..boom boom,
joe

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mf i dont know whats wrong all i know is both seals leaking

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Sunstate motorcycles QLD youve done it again
got an early off from site home on the 30 dec
well Sunstate was going to have the brute picked up serviced fixed ready for late Jan
well a ten min phone call to them and they will pick my bike up have it all ready by the 31st ready to rock
thanks guys you lot are the best (they always seem to go one step further than anyone else)

MRT mate on the 31/12/13 im heading for the vilnurve back road good twisties ,bit of unsealed track, a ford, then some awesome sweepers and hairpins .. then off to the Bellthorpe range

1 - 20 of 20 Posts