MV Agusta Forum banner

Well, that didn't take long!

2K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  kingwilliams 
#1 ·
My first ride, minutes ago, on my 2019 Brutale 800 America. I get a mile from home and it drops a cylinder- message on dash: malfunction #3 coil. Geez. What do I do now? I am over 200 miles from nearest dealer. The bike has 3500 miles on it. Ideas?

#2 ·
First of all welcome to our MV Agusta family. I hope you will stay with us long enough to write your next post about your experience with aftersales of MV Agusta USA.
Sorry for your situation. My first guess is write a letter to your offical dealer and ask them for next steps. Keep everything in writing and always ask how long will each step take, and what they plan to do in case they are not able to provide you with all the parts in time they have comited to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Did you get this from Mark at the DucShop ??? Sounds like you have a poor connection somewhere that has manifested itself.

Call the selling dealer and ask them what t check first. Didn't they test ride the bike at least 5 miles after pre-delivery ?? or did you get it with zero miles on the odometer???

#8 ·
Ducshop are good people.
Suggest you go confirm the ignition coil is seated on the plug and the wire connectors are tight.
You could call Mark and and talk with him, but I'm sure he will just tell you to bring it in. North side of Atlanta, so about 3 hours from you. (as long as traffic isn't horrid).

Reactions: Antony Ciano
#10 ·
Did you get the Owner's Manual??
This isn't the 2019 Workshop manual, but many things will be the same:

Here's the Engine manual, again, not 2019 but should be usable for most things:

And here is a "Maintenance Manual"...still not 2019. Hope these help:

#12 ·
@Italophile, MV Agusta has begun awarding 'Authorized MV Agusta Service Center' designations to qualified independent motorcycle repair shops. These are shops that are authorized to provide warranty repair on MV's. We now have one in Nashville area (Fast Italian Bikes - FIB Link ) that is owned by a good friend from Italy who was trained in Ducati service at the factory in Bologna, and has been maintaining our Italian motorcycle club's Ducs, MV's, Aprilias, SWMs, etc. He has 15+ years' experience including being Service Technician and Service Manager at multi-brand motorcycle dealerships.

Hopefully this trend to designate service centers will continue for MV, as it will enhance sales. In fact, one of our Gapalicious attendees (and 2 others from Nashville as I understand) bought a new MV's recently from Ducshop in GA after Miki @ Fast Italian Bikes in Nashville was designated as an authorized service center.

#14 ·
Just want to followup with my experience. I spoke with Mark at the Ducshop and he contacted MV to get the warranty repair authorized. We then waited for the coil to come in. It finally arrived last week and I made an appointment with Mark for July 31. I hauled the bike down there and at 10:30 Trevor started working on it. Two hours later it was running on 3 again and I was a happy man! So, thanks to you on the forum for directing me there. Mark runs a first class shop and Trevor is an ace mechanic- my thanks to them also.
The bike is a hoot to ride. It feels so nimble and yet stable at the same time. And the sound from that SC Project pipe! spine-tingling!

#15 ·
I would fix the coil issue, have the dealer examine the rest of the bike for issues, do all the maintenance items, detail it and then trade it in on a Honda.

#16 ·
Whattt ??? The dealer did fix it, he loves it....why would he want to trade for a Honda?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.