MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I saw that earlier today on the bay, only 313 miles on it ! . I did more than that last Sunday . How can you not like a bike in such a short distance?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Maybe it was a Demo and has never been owned yet, but then again, I bought my Brutale 1078 with 362 miles on it. And I am the 2nd owner.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I have met strange bike owners from bike clubs who don't know what they want, and or buy them for status and change their mind in weeks. Others may believe that after 300 miles that it will never suite them. The one's I have known usually live at home still with their parents and money permantly burns a hole in their pocket. Not many of them ever do any miles on any bike, it can even be just trying to fit in with a social group. It's a strange world at times.

May be someone got banned before they even ran the bike in. When I got my F4 I had barely begun to ride it before I got nicked by and unmarked car, and I nearly sold the bike because it would lead me astray to easily.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
When I bought my 1998 Ducati 900 Final Edition it had on 23 kilometers on the clock. The first owner had hummed and hawed over trading in his 900 Monster on a Supersport. He decided he wanted the FE the week after the dealer sold the one they had. This guy was so upset that he’d missed out that he had the dealer located another one. They found one, a deal was made and the guy took delivery in February. At some point he got brave and took the bike out. He rode it a total of 23 kilometers in I assume clear but cold Canadian winter conditions. He didn’t like it and traded it back in on his old Monster. His loss my gain.

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
At a bike night last year, ran into a kid that was on his third bike in a week. He came into so money and no concept of savings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts