MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes indeed, Labor day weekend and the "enforcement staff" was out in numbers. That Candy is such a bad girl it seems!

Endless double yellow and she has to pass with an oncoming car being the man.

The good news is it was Forest Svc and the guy was nice enough to give me a Federal ticket which means no points and not on the record. And at $75.00 is cheap for a California infraction.

Over 120 miles of winding road ride so I can't complain, cheaper than a track day I suppose.:f4:

·
Administrator
19,120 Posts
Yes....they are hard to hold back, these girls. I think bikes should be exempt from double yellows as long as passing is safe....never happen.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The interesting thing was, the cop said if had passed the guy and stayed on my side of the double yellow he would have let me off. That would have been a lot more dangerous had I done that. I am sure the cage driver would not have appreciated it and could have easily taken me down. So I will pay the ticket and be glad there are not points/record.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
In the UK it's perfectly legal to overtake within a double (white over here) line area, provided you don't cross the lines. The offence is to cross the lines, not specifically the overtaking.

·
Registered
271 Posts
long arm of the law

over here in S.Aust the law likes the public holidays soooo much that if you get caught for a traffic offence it will attract double demerit points.

On most occasions there are that many tourists on the road that if you want to get from A to B before the sun goes down you run the gauntlet.

crossing double white / yellow is the offence most likely to get you..... after speeding of course.......hh hmmnn

ohhh forgot to mention ,, the lycra lovers come out in force adding to the woes...just gotta love them.......:bash:

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
In the UK it's perfectly legal to overtake within a double (white over here) line area, provided you don't cross the lines. The offence is to cross the lines, not specifically the overtaking.
Same law in NZ...funny about that being a commonwealth country :stickpoke

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts