MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This link was sent to me in an email and when I watched it I thought to myself :jsm:.. Holy S**t!..

Think about it the next time you are following a truck loaded with gas cylinders.

I certainly won't hang around one! Stay with the video…it gets worse---you won't believe it!Looks like truck hit a motorhome in front of it to start the mess. Assume driver of the car that stayed close had left & what looks like a person is the headrest.

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/FG1LGKieTxY?autoplay=1&vq=480&rel=0

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
I read something else... Like... 'wedding truck on highway to hell'...
Need new glasses. Or a new brain...

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the type of situation you find yourself in and when you discover that the colour of Adrenaline is "Brown".. Mainly by the evidence in your under pants..

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
Oh... That is why they call it skid marks over here :jsm:

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
The bold cop that pulls up close at the end :laughing: he gets a load of that missile like cylinder of explosive gas flying all around him and changes his mind about his proximity to the action:laughing: I'd only seen the beginning of that somewhere John, not the full length vid with audio, thanks!

·
Registered
14,741 Posts

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
Ed;
research 'flame front propagation speed'

burning as with propane, is one thing, detonation is a whole different thing, the shock wave destroys things.......

reduced loads with some gun powders will cause detonation and blow up any gun......its in the International Combustion Symposium books....I discussed this with J.D. Jones, the guy that designed a lot of the hotrod pistol cartridges ......

the phenomena was calculated by a Russian and he proved it with pictures taken of a quartz chamber......and published in the '50s

·
Registered
619 Posts
Thanks Noel, I am familiar with "flame front propagation". And the pressure wave that does the damage.
Point I was trying to show is when the LPG boils then goes off, nasty ugly, boiling liquid vapor explosion.
One pushed a fire truck sideways 5+ feet a 1/4 mile away.
As we know "burn rate" gives us greater or less energy release, greater = explosion.
Firearm ammunition is a great example, pistol powder vs. rifle powder, black vs. smokeless etc.

A pickup ran into a pipeline maintenance valve, were I grew up in Va, big boom and a railroad car size hole and just pieces left of driver and truck.

Keep em coming, explosions continue to fascinate.
Every filled a garbage bag with acetylene? I don't recommend it!:shocker:

Cheers, Ed :)

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Talking about explosions..

The world's largest nuclear test, the Tsar Bomba, leaves behind a 95-kilometre high mushroom cloud, Novaya Zemlya, October 1961.

Attachments

·
Registered
619 Posts
And the USSR air dropped that one from a Tu-95 to prove it was deliverable.
As many tests were ground tests and not in weapon form.
I think it was a three stage + Hydrogen device, using multiple bombs to compress the next stage.
Dropped on my 4th birthday.

Ed :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
I work with this stuff everyday with the upmost respect. We use the Texas City incident in our inductions. Quite a few would have also been affected by NOx gas produced as a result of the fire, then as it started to ramp up (deflagration) before it detonated at a VOD of about 3000 meters per sec.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts