MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to take a brisk ride into work today. 06 F4 1000 S. Ambient temps were about 45F or so, and the engine temp was running about 165 to 175, like normal. About halfway through the ride the throttle response suddenly went terrible, and the engine feel and sound turned really rough, like the fueling went super rich for no reason. The power was reduced, and the bike had a lot of vibrations under throttle. I looked at the temp, and it was reading 140-145. It would rev OK if I pulled in the throttle, but under load it sounded/felt terrible. Not like something bent, and not lean with detonation, just rough. About 30 seconds later it fixed itself, was running fine, and the temps were reading 165-175 again, and the problem didn't reoccur.

I only looked at the temp readout those two times, so I'm not sure if it jumped back up or slowly went back up, but the beginning and ending to the fueling issue was abrupt.

Any ideas? I've never seen anything like this with a bike.

·
Super Moderator
22,355 Posts
Sounds like a slug of water ran though it.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
It will run on 3 cylinders, lack of power, vibrations.
If it does while you idle, unplug it and see if there is any difference, if not, its probably the relay.

If it turns out it is the relay then either replace it if you like it, or disconnect it and change the software.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It will run on 3 cylinders, lack of power, vibrations.
If it does while you idle, unplug it and see if there is any difference, if not, its probably the relay.

If it turns out it is the relay then either replace it if you like it, or disconnect it and change the software.
I had talked to you briefly a few months ago about getting a full tune done, but I don't have an O2 bung on my exhaust so I think it'd end up being a huge process.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys, I wanted to follow up on this thread. Adam got me sorted with some custom work on my Eprom to remove the EBS relay and disable the system. He also worked some magic to remove a heavy surge on deceleration at 3k RPMs and tweaked some fueling at low throttle. It's like a totally new bike around town at low speeds, the EBS issue is fixed, and the fueling map elsewhere that I was already happy with is unchanged, so I didn't even have to adjust the O2 screw. I'm really pleased with the results. Thanks everyone for the input, and Adam for sorting me out!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts