MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentleman,
I have a 2010 1090RR- only in the morning when it's a cold start, the bike cuts out after starting for a 5-10 seconds, the dash screen goes blank, and the trip resets itself back to zero.Then is starts and I'm off...
The rest of the day when riding, I have no starting issues. It starts right up with no glitches. This only happens on the first start of the day.
Your advice is much appreciated.

TIA
Marc

·
Registered
181 Posts
That happens to me if I hit start too early before the dash has gone through its full sequence, I usually wait for the neutral light then there's no issue. On the other hand hitting the start early is the easiest way to reset the trip, but it sounds clunky not recommended.

It seems to me hitting the start button before the bike has finished it's systems check is asking too much from your battery.

·
Super Moderator
21,404 Posts
Yup, the battery is on the way out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope you're right about the battery, I'll have to test it-it's only a year old and I keep it on a tender.
Also, I always wait for the bike to cycle before hitting the starter.

Thx
Marc

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Been through this myself. Take off and clean and dielectric grease all the battery cable connection at both ends of the cable (battery end and starter end and earth ends)
Also unplug and grease the 4 pin plug on the top of the solenoid.

·
Super Moderator
21,404 Posts
...oh, and some have had success replacing the battery cables with beefier cable.

·
Registered
14,199 Posts
?

Been through this myself. Take off and clean and dielectric grease all the battery cable connection at both ends of the cable (battery end and starter end and earth ends)
Also unplug and grease the 4 pin plug on the top of the solenoid.
+100

:drummer:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Gents-
Replaced battery, all seems good now......will replace the foot pegs, never liked them-even when I had my 2004 750, tripometer software sucks, this bike is a very comfortable beastly ride.

Thanks again

M

1 - 8 of 8 Posts