MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was putting on the tank protector today and giving the bike a good cleaning, while doing this I was hearing a sound/whistle coming from the fuel tank cap. It sounded like pressure was releasing or think of it like a fart lol, it was doing it every 5-10 minutes apart. I have not noticed this sound before maybe because I have not been around it while off in a quiet place and its parked in my friends garage but I just had it's 600 mile service done on Saturday, went riding all day Sunday and have not turned it on since nor today. Anyone know why it's making this noise?

·
Registered
28 Posts
On some bikes the design of the fuel tank breather acts slightly like a whistle, my other halfs ninja whistles away quite loudly, and it will do so every ten minutes or so. I call it character, she says its asking to be ridden mone :naughty:

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
So I was putting on the tank protector today and giving the bike a good cleaning, while doing this I was hearing a sound/whistle coming from the fuel tank cap. It sounded like pressure was releasing or think of it like a fart lol, it was doing it every 5-10 minutes apart. I have not noticed this sound before maybe because I have not been around it while off in a quiet place and its parked in my friends garage but I just had it's 600 mile service done on Saturday, went riding all day Sunday and have not turned it on since nor today. Anyone know why it's making this noise?

It's a baby and babies do that...:)

·
Vendor
5,339 Posts
Mine sounded like a mouse,so I threw the cat in the garage for the night and told him to Kill,then I realized it was the bike,shit.

·
Registered
240 Posts
My tea mug does the same thing. I'll be sitting there, hearing this weird whistling sound & be like, "What the devils going on here!" Then I'll pop the lid on my tea mug & 'VOILA' no more strange whistling sound:)
Cheers,
Glenn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts