MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm going to re-seat the engine cover and use a new seal and also use some silicon sealant (instant gasket?) as per the engine manual.

What's the best way to get the throttle bodies out of the way? Can't quite find that bit in the manual. I've noted four bolts holding the TB's on to the head. Is this the best plan of action?

Also any other advise on this job appreciated!!! I could check my valve clearances... but I have no idea what to do if they are out of spec. It's a 1000 Senna by the way, so it's a blend of 1000S and 1000R F4's as far as the manual goes.

·
Registered
14,495 Posts
?

Si;
1st remove the plugs from the injectors.....BE VERY CAREFUL THE INJECTORS ARE

FAGILE, after depressing the wire bail, pull straight back

you can unscrew the 4 clamps and remove the TBs and suspend them from above.....

otherwise........

undo the jamb nuts on the throttle cables....

then remove the 2, 5mm bolts from the bracket attached to TBs 2&3

now push the bracket toward the throttle shaft, this will give you enough play to slide

the cables down and out of the bracket.......now remove the cables from the linkage

and undo the 4 clamps and remove the TBs

PUT RAGS/PLUGS IN THE INTAKES

do NOT seal the cover per the manual.......use a very light coat of silicone form-a-

gasket all the way around the top and bottom of the gasket....also on the 8 cover bolts

and while you're at it do the F4 cover too

:popcorn:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive got silicon instant gasket Im going to use. And a new genuine mv gasket of course. The manual suggests the silicon goes in the eliptical sections on the gasket only I think. I am planning to do the lot top and bottem with an extremely thin bead. I have done a sump With just instant gasket with excellent results, but not both gasket and silicon. Seems a bit strange.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Tech tip section.

No I'm looking but havent found that bit yet.
Check under timing chain replacements and similiar threads.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts