MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,436 Posts
The only downside I can think of is if my fuel keeps dripping out of that line it could run into the engine and potentially hydrolock the motor.

But why is dripping so much from the vapor lines????

The tank isn't overfilled.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
One of the internal hoses is leaking as Mitchy says below.

Normally when you get fuel dripping from the external vent hose one of the internal vent hoses in the tank is split or damaged
which causes the fuel to syphon from the tank and drip out the external vent hose.
Mitch is correct. Look at the image I posted and visualize a split or leaking piece of tubing in the tank.

Fuel dripping from either hose...cap area drain or evap system vent.... is from a leaking internal hose. I believe your bike has the hoses molded into the tank. There have been other reports of this failure...
According to the image of the fuel system in the TV manual, the hoses are not molded into the tank. They are 8mm (or 5/16") nitrile single wall tubing designed for flexibility so that mrestoring the tank to its position isn't difficult.

Now, please put you bike in your signature line! If you need the correct tubing, I can send you some probably cheaper than you can get it at your local auto parts store. I would recommend against using a reinforced FI hose for that application as it will degrade. The hoses in the system are designed for specific locations and fuel exposure. Heat and immersion are design considerations.

1.jpg

2.jpg

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well if I do go the warranty route I am assuming that the dealership isn't going to like that I don't have a carbon canister installed if I'm going to claim an emission warranty problem.

·
Super Moderator
21,436 Posts
You won't be able to go the warranty route for internal lines.

If your tank had the lines molded into the tanks as the 3 cylinder Brutale series does, then you could go warranty.

Those internal hoses are a maintenance item. It doesn't help that someone deranged the system from stock.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well I've rode the bike twice now and nothing is coming out of the line. I have a catch can under the bike while its parked and nothing is in there. I think it just got fuel in the vapor while moving the tank and replacing the lines. It seemed to have drained out all the fuel in the vapor and it's not dripping anymore. Praise the Lord!

Waiting for the inevitable problem next week.....fingers crossed.

·
Super Moderator
21,436 Posts
Good to hear.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
$180 seems high for an unknown condition used part. Will probably need new bushings aswell but it's the cheapest I could find. Still looking for a cush drive if anyone has one.

My needle bearings are in perfect shape and the race is also perfect. Anyone know the kind of grease that is recamended to repack the needle bearings?

Going to need part # 5 seal as well.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Doesn't say it fits my bike but I'm pretty sure this us what I need. Wow over $50 for a spacer!?

·
Vendor
5,157 Posts
$180 seems high for an unknown condition used part. Will probably need new bushings aswell but it's the cheapest I could find. Still looking for a cush drive if anyone has one.

My needle bearings are in perfect shape and the race is also perfect. Anyone know the kind of grease that is recamended to repack the needle bearings?

Going to need part # 5 seal as well.

High Temperature Bearing Grease,lithium based.I use Penrite,but any well known brand will be OK.

·
Administrator
18,847 Posts
I use CV Joint grease........

21 - 32 of 32 Posts