MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
19,819 Posts
I have not had that happen on any of my machines/devices. Is it when you are signed in?

·
Premium Member
2,883 Posts
This site is becoming unusable because it keeps redirecting to a Spam site advertising Apple testers. Is this an issue that other users are struggling with.
Thanks
Yes, many. iOS. I haven't been on here much lately because of it. Google "verticalscope popup spam" and you'll see it's not limited to mvagusta.net.

·
Super Moderator
22,324 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,883 Posts
Here's the one I just got now. Cleared cache, data, cookies, block/no block popups, even happened within 20 minutes of getting my new iPhone 7, with no apps installed.

It's a shame this spoils it for me as I don't know a better forum in terms of usefulness and just the awesome people here in general. I'm happy to help in any way I can.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Happens on all devices and not dependant on being signed in or not.
It looks like it's hijacking dns requests for internal site links. There are other sites with the same issue out there, hope a cure can be found as it's rendering the forums unusable.
Thanks
M

Attachments

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Yes, many. iOS. I haven't been on here much lately because of it. Google "verticalscope popup spam" and you'll see it's not limited to mvagusta.net.
Same for me. Keeps me away too. Seems better now.

·
Administrator
19,819 Posts
Ahhhh...the conundrum of owning Apple products only. I don't see it because I seldom access the forum on anything other than my laptop (not a Mac).
I thought the Apple products OS were more immune to spam and stuff then other OS...???? Maybe not.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you like your history the first pc virus created was for Mac and spread using a floppy. This seems to be malware which Mac are certainly not immune from. I have installed 1 blocker on the iPhone which is working at the moment until admin responds.
Best
M

·
Super Moderator
22,324 Posts
Are you all iPhone 7 users?

·
Registered
5,578 Posts

·
Administrator
19,819 Posts
If you like your history the first pc virus created was for Mac and spread using a floppy.
I did not know that.!!! My first computer was an Apple 2E with dual floppy disc drives and the 80k extended memory card !!!!! My how times have changed. :surprise:

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have new iPhone and older iPad and was having the same issues. Contacted our IT guy and he told me to stop using Safari and switch to Chrome . All better now. Hope this helps it was really getting bad.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts