MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Administrator
18,824 Posts

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
I have no pics in the showcase. What happened to my pics even from the old site?

·
Vendor
5,151 Posts
How do you send Private Messeges now?
How To Find Conversations (Private Messages)

From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select “conversations”.

- Cricket
Thanks very much Cricket.
Is that your real name.

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
I had lots of pics from over the 13 yrs I have been a member. Now it is down to just one picture of my bike. Old forum it was called a gallery and I had several pages plus several albums on it. After the change a few years ago, my pics were still there but it was hard to search the garage as you called it. Looking into it more I do have the pic in the showcase but nothing in the gallery. Not sure as to yet what the difference is between the two.

·
Administrator
18,824 Posts
Thanks very much Cricket.
Is that your real name.
He explained his nickname in his introduction at the beginning of the page.

I'm slowly getting the feel of the new format/platform....but I'm disappointed we lost our MV.net emojis :-(

·
Administrator
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I had lots of pics from over the 13 yrs I have been a member. Now it is down to just one picture of my bike. Old forum it was called a gallery and I had several pages plus several albums on it. After the change a few years ago, my pics were still there but it was hard to search the garage as you called it. Looking into it more I do have the pic in the showcase but nothing in the gallery. Not sure as to yet what the difference is between the two.
I am checking on the missing images to see if they can be restored.

What is the Difference Between the Showcase and Gallery?

Showcase is designed for users to "showcase" items/projects through the use of uploaded images, text descriptions and custom content categories. It’s a way to visually and textually provide detailed information on content you wish to share. Showcase would be similar to a catalog, whereas gallery would be like a photo album.

He explained his nickname in his introduction at the beginning of the page.

I'm slowly getting the feel of the new format/platform....but I'm disappointed we lost our MV.net emojis :-(
We currently use standard UTF-8 smilies. This helps greatly in keeping things fast loading and standardized across device types. We no longer run custom GIF files for every single smile which is terrible for web performance, and fast-loading websites.

- Cricket

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
...but I'm disappointed we lost our MV.net emojis :-(
... and lost ability to use colored text and/or varying font sizing in Signature. 😕

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
There are some very nice changes but a few things that I miss that affect usability.

1. Cannot see user's location without clicking their avatar and going into their profile. Showing it right under their avatar would be ideal.
2. Most recent posts is gone from right. Everything that's in the right column is superfluous imo. I know who the staff is. Top contributors, total forum posts, about, etc. aren't useful to me when browsing. If I want to go into a specific forum I'll use the breadcrumbs at the top left.
3. Also gone is the search within a specific forum field. Now if I want to search the For Sale forum I have to go to advanced search, scroll down and find, then select the forum to search. If you look at the stats you'll see how many people use that field.

·
Administrator
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. :)

1. Cannot see user's location without clicking their avatar and going into their profile. Showing it right under their avatar would be ideal.
We will certainly pass on your feedback to the developers but in the meantime, I do want to mention that you can view location simply by hovering over an avatar with your cursor.

Most recent posts is gone from right. Everything that's in the right column is superfluous imo. I know who the staff is. Top contributors, total forum posts, about, etc. aren't useful to me when browsing. If I want to go into a specific forum I'll use the breadcrumbs at the top left.
The developers are working on developing a sidebar that will be more relevant for us. For now, you can find all new unread post by clicking the NEW icon.

How To Find New Posts

Near the upper right-hand corner of the community, you will see navigation icons.

The first icon is for what’s new on the site.

Clicking on it, by default, will take you to new unread posts.

On that page, you can click on additional tabs as well, such as Popular, if you prefer to view active topics. You can also mark all as read.

Also gone is the search within a specific forum field. Now if I want to search the For Sale forum I have to go to advanced search, scroll down and find, then select the forum to search. If you look at the stats you'll see how many people use that field.
You can actually just go to the specific forum to search within it. :)

How To Search The Site

Near the top of the community, you will see a search bar.

Enter a search term or phrase and click enter on your keyboard or click the magnifying glass.

Advanced Search

To narrow down search results, click on “Advanced Search” after clicking the search bar.

This will allow you to choose to search titles only, add the member username who posted it or even select a specific forum to search from.

Enter your search criteria and click “Search “ at the bottom.

You can also access advanced search by clicking the 3 vertical dots near the upper right-hand corner of the site and selecting “Advanced “Search”

Search Specific Forum

If you want to search a specific section, navigate to the forum section before entering your search term in the search bar and then select the option.

Search Specific Discussion Thread

If you want to search a specific discussion thread, navigate to it before entering your search term in the search bar and then select the option.

- Cricket

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Thanks for the detailed responses, Cricket. However, the solutions you provide are exactly what I describe (not the most efficient). I often travel to the mountains where I'm lucky to get 1200 baud and intermittent packets come through randomly. Also, when on the train here in NYC, in between stations we only have about 2 seconds to load a page. One click is about all I have. Not sure if anyone else on the forum is :)

Is there a way to change the default search result order to "most recent"?

·
Administrator
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Thanks for the detailed responses, Cricket. However, the solutions you provide are exactly what I describe (not the most efficient). I often travel to the mountains where I'm lucky to get 1200 baud and intermittent packets come through randomly. Also, when on the train here in NYC, in between stations we only have about 2 seconds to load a page. One click is about all I have. Not sure if anyone else on the forum is :)

Is there a way to change the default search result order to "most recent"?
I will check into that.

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
21,411 Posts
Where did the membership list go?

21 - 40 of 53 Posts