MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case Aussies were not aware, ABC Tuesday 24 November is a one hour special on Wayne Gardner. For non Aussies, it should be available after then on the ABC i view platform.

I hope that unlike Brock, Gardner is not revealed as being a wife beater.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not the one that came out at the movies a couple of years back ?
No I don't think so, this is one of four that are on, Brock, the Aboriginal cricket team that toured England in the 19th century revisited, Steve Waugh in India and Gardner. Goes for about an hour. With the Brock story they compiled new footage and interviewed relos and friends, so I reckon Gardner's will be new as well.

Can you get ABC iview, I reckon you should be able to?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Awesome. He was one of my heros as a kid. Watched moto GP on grainy VHS tapes that I rented from the local Honda dealer.

·
Registered
980 Posts
No I don't think so, this is one of four that are on, Brock, the Aboriginal cricket team that toured England in the 19th century revisited, Steve Waugh in India and Gardner. Goes for about an hour. With the Brock story they compiled new footage and interviewed relos and friends, so I reckon Gardner's will be new as well.

Can you get ABC iview, I reckon you should be able to?
Don’t know , I haven’t tried but I’ll give it a go

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Below is a link, I hope it works, enjoy. I think the Wayne doco will not be up until after it has aired on free to air TV, so post 24 November. I would be prepared to wager that they will all be on Youtube sooner or later.

For the non- Anzacs, you may also enjoy seeing Australia's interpretation on the Chev v Ford battle during the 70s and 80s in the doco about Peter Brock, I think it was called Brocky.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Good one Mac, also like watching the Brabham legend building and racing against the factories, cheers

·
Registered
259 Posts
I must say I watched this last night and found it very entertaining, brought me back to my early motorcycling days.
Not that I met Wayne personally but I did meet his old man a couple of times when he had his business in Wollongong and he is exactly as you see him on the show.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Good show. Brought back fond memories of Phillip Is. in '89. Rode down from Townsville, Nth Qld. As we got further south more and more bikes filled the road. By central NSW every cafe, pub and takeaway were packed with bikers and bikes. By the time we hit Vic. it was a constsnt stream of bikes all the way to the Island, Can't remember seeing too many cars.

The atmosphere at the race was electric, especially when he took the lead in the last few laps. The noise was incredible. Everybody had tranny radios in one ear, no big screen back then. We were just down from where Schwantz crashed. That got a huge cheer as he was on form and one of the favourites.

Until then I thought watching Liverpool play at Anfield was the pinnacle of atmosphere but that paled compared to this. Been a couple of times since, but no comparison either in bikes or atmosphere. The reurn of the GP to Oz, plus a local hero certainly made this a good one. Only downside was you could only buy Swan lager, one of the sponsors.

Cheers

Deano

1 - 13 of 13 Posts