MV Agusta Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having tried a few waxes and polishes to get that 'wet' look on my Senna, just bought a tub of Pinnacle's Souveran Carnauba Wax, pricey at $100 for a 8oz tub, but the finish is just amazing. They promise best results on Black and Reds, and they are right. Black looks almost liquid and the depth is just beautiful......give it a go, best Ive found!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Sounds awesome.:tongue:

While we on the washing/polishing thread,how do you guys clean your screen and other parts that scratch easily.
I'm on 750km and haven't touched the bike, as I'm too afraid to scratch it.
My 954 FIREBLADE was scratched to buggery after so many washes/polishes.
:jsm:
Augusta01,you gotta get some pics of those bikes mate,especially after a wash!

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
I use foaming glass cleaner... either *Stoner* or *Zep* brands as they don't turn to liquid and run off into cracks.... the zep smells like spearment...so thats an extra bonus. The cloth I use is a polishing cloth.....initial wipe is done....then i change sides so as not to scratch anything. I used turtle wax carnuba cleaner wax to remove the build up of exhaust residue on the tail section.... then used regular turtle wax on the rest of the bike.... seems to work fine.... the silver doesn't really need to look wet or glossy as a nice shine loooks great....black is a different class of cleaning..... :f4: I follow up with a small spray of Motul shine and go

·
Registered
419 Posts
I've been very happy with Zymol.. which after seeing the Pinnacle wax website... looks like they are doing the same thing.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I refuse to let water touch my bike - I use Plexus on everything except the chain. Lint free, edgeless microsuede cloths, and keep them clean!

·
Registered
443 Posts
cryptyk said:
I refuse to let water touch my bike ........
Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!! You cursed brat! Look what you've done!! It's melting, melting. ...!!!!! :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: (in my best Wicked Witch of the West voice)

·
Registered
796 Posts
agusta01 said:
just bought a tub of Pinnacle's Souveran Carnauba Wax, pricey at $100 for a 8oz tub
auch,but i guess that if it will give you the best finish,that auto show look, it s well worth it,a friend of mine uses a similar product (i think)on his car,a mercedes sl which looks amazing and he revealed his secret.he also said that 8 ounce tube will lasts around 10-15 thorough applications with one of those buffer weels,i forgot how it s called in english.so i guess that it will last your senna a long time.he also said that it protects from rust and from small abrassions in the paint

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ozboy said:
Sounds awesome.:tongue:

While we on the washing/polishing thread,how do you guys clean your screen and other parts that scratch easily.
I'm on 750km and haven't touched the bike, as I'm too afraid to scratch it.
My 954 FIREBLADE was scratched to buggery after so many washes/polishes.
:jsm:
Augusta01,you gotta get some pics of those bikes mate,especially after a wash!
Got to get Plexus as cryptyk has said, I had to hunt it down in Aus, its hard to find, but its the stuff they use to clean jet piolts visors and windshields (honest) can use it on anything, but on plastics its great

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
agusta01 said:
Having tried a few waxes and polishes to get that 'wet' look on my Senna, just bought a tub of Pinnacle's Souveran Carnauba Wax, pricey at $100 for a 8oz tub, but the finish is just amazing. They promise best results on Black and Reds, and they are right. Black looks almost liquid and the depth is just beautiful......give it a go, best Ive found!
:jsm: :jsm:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
i have tried to decide what word i'd use for someone who'd spend $100.00/8oz. on wax for their bike....

the one i can come up with is "EMBARRASSING"

a lot of folks view MV owners as elitist snobs....
your thread does NOTHING to help our image

no offense intended....
these bike were meant for RIDING and NOT as "museum pieces" (though they ARE works of art)
so.....

they get dirty 10 minutes after you leave your garage and $10.00 wax protects as well as your $100.00 container

so.....
if you really have an extra $90.00 burning a hole in your wallet.....

do us ALL a favor..... and, give it to the poor or hungry in your area
$100.00 for bike wax......
embarrassingly WASTEFUL

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
203 Posts
Carnauba wax is carnauba wax whether or not you pay 10 dollars for 8 oz's or 100 dollars its still the same carnauba wax. Polymer synthetic wax is a step up from Carnauba but still old technology when compared to the new products that are being produced. Lets put it this way, Carnauba wax was used to polish the horse and buggy (well not the horse but the buggy LOL!), and Carnauba wax is highly acidic, melts in direct sunlight cuz it has a very low melting point and when it does this it speeds up the oxidation process of the paint by superheating and frying the paint. Polymers (like Teflon) were introduced in the 60's. They are a step above Carnauba wax but still not as good as Glassplexin. Polymers don't filter out UV rays and they can crack fade and peel within 1 years time. Also Polymer wax has a low melting point, granted its not as low as carnauba wax, but its no where near GLARE's. GLARE is good up to 650 degs F so you can polish your exhaust pipes and it wont burn off. Try that with carnauba wax or synthetic wax and see what happens. I'll give you a clue, it doesn't look or smell good at all. LOL! GLARE with Glassplexin is the only product out there that actually bonds to the clearcoat or paint via, what's called in chemistry, a covalent bond. Waxes and polymers do not bond to paint molecularly. They only lay on top of the paint and do not last.
Glassplexin is a negatively charged silicate ionic compound that has chemical reactivity with the clearcoat or paint. When applied there is an exchange of electrons that occurs between the negative charged Glassplexin and the paint or clear coat bonding the two into one molecule. This transformation gives the paint a new chemical identity that now shares the properties of both paint and glass. Because of this, the newly transformed paint has a depth of gloss that is so optically clear that the gloss looks 3 dimensional. Not only that but the surface tension is increased, the new paint surface is super slick, and because it now shares glass properties it will filter UV rays because glass will filter out 98% of the suns UVA and UVB rays. There are test reports from Labs all over the world on this product including from HONDA.
This is all information I learned from doing research on polishes and waxes since I am so anal about what I use on my bikes and cars. I mean if you still want to use old inferior wax products then go for it. But 10 years down the road when your paint looks dingy and oxidized after applying so many coats of stuff that melts and ruins your paint and the other guy who used GLARE on his bike has a bike that looks better then the day that he bought it you will kick yourself in the pants. That's why I chose very carefully what I use and if I had a $20,000 bike (which I will very shortly and I cant wait :f4: ) then I would make sure that I use the absolute best and without a doubt after trying everything out there and I mean EVERYTHING I would never use anything but GLARE.
If Mitch Lanzini from Overhaulin uses GLARE on the custom FOOSE design Hot Rods that FOOSE has him paint in light of the fact that Mother's is paying FOOSE millions to endorse their product, that should tell you what the best product for your MV is.
It doesn't cost $100 a bottle but its not the cheapest product out there either. I believe it goes for around $30 for a 12 oz. bottle, but I know from personal experience that it is a very concentrated product and I get about 3-4 small cars out of one bottle so IMHO its well worth every penny. Let's put it this way you CANT NOT afford not to use it given the benefits vs the price of the one bottle. Did I mention that they also have the best swirl removing product, called GLARE Spider, I've ever used as well? Well they do. These chemists over there are on a roll. Also the GLARE Professional Polish can be used on not only the paint but also on Carbonfiber, glass, plastic, plexiglass, the clear windshields on bikes, Fiberglass, Aluminum, Chrome, and all metal alloys. The GLARE Turbo Action Wheel Cleaner is also another superb product from them. I use it for cleaning the brakedust, road grime, and chain grease sling and its a non acid base formula so you can use it without worying about if its going to damage the finish of your wheels or paint. Its also an Awesome product from GLARE!!! Everything they make is the best hands down!!! :)

·
Registered
443 Posts
spalding12 said:
....these bike were meant for RIDING and NOT as "museum pieces" (though they ARE works of art) so.....
Yep - my very scientifically sound, pseudo statistical, quantum study of quarks, and their relation to measured motorcycle "shine" (funded by H.D.) has unequivocally proven: the time spent cleaning, polishing, and farkling is invariably inversely proportional to actual mileage indicated on the odometer :crazyeyes .............

Now- if that $100 can of wax makes my seat more comfortable ...... I'll take two!!! :D

Tom
Weeki Wachee, Fl.
Gainesville, Mo.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
NOW SPALDING!

Your arugument doesn't hold water... if those guys want to spend $100 dollars on wax let em!!! One could equally argue that you spend a veritable fortune on your bikes maybe you should just buy a chinese import 250cc sportsbike they are only $3800 on the road in Oz land and should give you a few frills, thrills, etc etc...and give the rest of your cash to a charity!!!!

Ha He He HE!!!

LOL!!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
How much stock did you buy in Glare?

J/K, you seem very knowledgeable about wax. Thank you for the insight. I can't believe you broke it down to melting points. Nice.
Wax on, Wax off, Daniel son. :) had to type it.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
AND MR SPALDING!!
Instead of spending so much time on this forum as you try to reach 10 000 000 posts give all your wasted time to a local charity in your area!!!

LOL!!!

I'm just sticking up for the ozzzzzzies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
822 Posts
spalding12 said:
i have tried to decide what word i'd use for someone who'd spend $100.00/8oz. on wax for their bike....

:laughing: Thats fuckin funny!

·
Registered
200 Posts
F4R312 said:
When applied there is an exchange of electrons that occurs between the negative charged Glassplexin and the paint or clear coat bonding the two into one molecule. This transformation gives the paint a new chemical identity that now shares the properties of both paint and glass. Because of this, the newly transformed paint has a depth of gloss that is so optically clear that the gloss looks 3 dimensional.

Now, I WANT to believe this, but it sounds a bit like spiderman 3. What's wrong with Meguiar's?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I have tried many waxes looking for the holy grail....Zymol, P51, Others I can't remember and the latest, Zaino Brothers.
This Glare sounds interesting. Where can you get it??

Hey I like to piss money away also, :piss:
Budweiser vs a nice stout, Boons farm or a nice Bordeaux, Timex or Patek Philippe, Kawasaki vs MV Agusta....get my drift????

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
spalding12 said:

a lot of folks view MV owners as elitist snobs....
your thread does NOTHING to help our image

no offense intended....
these bike were meant for RIDING and NOT as "museum pieces" (though they ARE works of art)
so.....

they get dirty 10 minutes after you leave your garage and $10.00 wax protects as well as your $100.00 container

so.....
if you really have an extra $90.00 burning a hole in your wallet.....

do us ALL a favor..... and, give it to the poor or hungry in your area
$100.00 for bike wax......
embarrassingly WASTEFUL

Well, well, well ... do you honestly think that I hold your opinion in any great stead??
I care zip for what you think, my post was to inform other members of a product, up to them if they choose to purchase it or not.
And who's image are we talking about here? Yours? The defender of wastefulness.... maybe I'll have to ask your permission next time I spend some cash
Best think that happened to this forum was the day you bought a Ducati and pissed off to the other side, I (like im sure others) were happy to see the back of your purile posts!

Oh, and no offence

1 - 20 of 141 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.