MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my water pump sent away and rebuilt 4 months ago new seals bearings orings. Today same problem leaking from weep hole. Rang the MV dealer who did the work and was told that genuine MV seals aren't very good but they used them anyway. I was told I should source some after market seals and do it myself
Thanks very much

·
Vendor
5,492 Posts
You have to be joking,tell the dealer to try again,they stuffed up.:wtf:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Where in country NSW are you?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They didn't mention that the shaft was damaged. I have put 3000km since the rebuild and not one drop until now, surely genuine seals should last longer than that.
I'm in Wagga

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Well, I recon they fucked up somewhere, the OEM seals are not that bad and mostly fail because of bikes standing and not being ridden or coolant abrasion. (Can happen wen some coolants are mixed and a sandy like deposit is created)

·
Vendor
5,492 Posts
Tried that they offered to fix at the same as the first time
Can you mention the dealer or would you rather not.Do you spend much money with them.I would speak to the dealer principle and demand they do the job again properly.I would have to if it was one of my customers.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the advice fellas I'll try again today to see if anything can be done. I would like to continue using Trooper Lu as he is the closest dealer for any major work I need done. Comments on this forum have all been positive about them that's why I sent it to them.

·
Registered
14,684 Posts
what a crock of shit......"MV seals aren't very good"

what? they make their own??????

do like Mitch said

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Contacted them yesterday and got a reply today. Apparently MV seals aren't the best I should get my own aftermarket ones, and MV only warrant seals for 3 months, my job was done 4 months ago. They would fix the problem at the same cost as the first time.
I have a mate that owns a bearing shop so I'll have a go myself

·
Vendor
5,492 Posts
God,these dealers have got a hide.3 months warranty:wtf:.Mate order the parts you need from Star Twin on the forum here,and fit them yourself at your mates bearing shop and never go back to that dealer again.When you remove the pump have a good look at there work first.Good luck.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Robbo,

It's probably just the water seal, do it yourself, even I managed to do it ;-)

The seal is $7 or something like that from any bearing/seal place, I have one if you want it.

Cheers
Rich

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Rich
I read you thread before I sent the pump away originally and same problem couldn't get the shaft out. This time I'm sure it will only be the water seal so I'll give a go.
Thanks to everyone who commented it's good to know there are still people out there that are willing to help.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
That's crap. Dont go back to that dealer. You can do them yourself, just go slow and take care not to mar or damage the seal in installation. Read the manual twice and buy 2 seals, just in case you need the second one.

·
Site Sponsor
446 Posts
Ahhhm it was me that fitted the seals and the pump was worn - we suggested an alternative seals etc and recorded this on our system that we suggested other seals - Customer did not want to take our advice so we did what he requested and advised him. Now it doesn't work our fault!!!! Oem seals are fine in a great condition water pump. The thing with these types of posts was why we moved away from them forum - as people tend to leave out the important details!!! Also it was four months later!! Was the pump installed correctly etc etc ! We did the pump seals.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Trooper Lu I was never informed about a worn pump.When I rang recently I still wasn't told about the pump being worn. Are you sure this is the same one. If I have left out important details as you have suggested I am sorry but there was never a call to me or details on the invoice regarding a worn pump.

·
Site Sponsor
446 Posts
Mate just email me directly as on our system it has `customer informed re alternatives and options other then genuine' as every call has notes next to it as does each job. These are made at the time of the call, so weird that is written there. You can email me directly on [email protected] will be happy to help. what annoys me are the people who comment like timpants - in another country with no facts and advise not to use a dealer!! On ya tim!!! Robbo - reason I know about this thread is someone called me as they know I am funny on ensuring things are right. But sadly in MV land things are often not what people claim. SO feel free to email me directly. But I have looked at the job and the other issue is we did not fit the pump according to our notes. There could also be some other issues at play. When you email please put phone number so I can call. thanks j

1 - 20 of 25 Posts