MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I don't want my bike to run at 114 degrees next year when filtering through town so want to spend some cash and hopefully cure the problem.

Everything is stock apart from the muzzy fan upgrade, so here is the question?

Will the MV race water pump from design corse fix the problem?

I also intend replacing the fairings and belly pan with theCF option this winter, will that help much more in addition to the pump replacement?

Cheers!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just fitted the race water pump from designcorse, muzzy fans and semco hoses and they work great. Where I am, the air temp gets as high as 38 deg Celsius in the afternoon. I notice the running temp falls to mid-high 80 deg Celsius with the upgrades.. That's easily 5-10 deg Celsius lower. The temp when bike is stationary is not very different though.. So yes,go for it! The build quality of the water pump is also excellent.. Kudos to Al and designcorse.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
So I don't want my bike to run at 114 degrees next year when filtering through town so want to spend some cash and hopefully cure the problem.

Everything is stock apart from the muzzy fan upgrade, so here is the question?

Will the MV race water pump from design corse fix the problem?

I also intend replacing the fairings and belly pan with theCF option this winter, will that help much more in addition to the pump replacement?

Cheers!

I fitted a 2010 cooling system with a proper oil cooler ( all oe ) to my 2009 bike...and an upgraded pump oe

Bit of fiddling about ..You can't just bolt it straight on ...but not too difficult overall.

joe

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I found that the Design Corse pump and Muzzy blades helped the bike run cooler and cool down quicker when I was moving quickly much better, but it didn't help the bike maintain a lower temperature any better when still or in slow town riding. There's simply nowhere for the heat to go without it being forced out the fairings by forward speed. For that you'd likely need DC's alternative fairing panels with the extra cut-outs.

Si

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
A less expensive upgrade would be the MV updated design impeller. Works well at cutting down heat. I would remove your original and check it first to see if you have the updated version first before spending money on the race water pump. If its the old design, just get the updated MV impeller.

·
Vendor
5,409 Posts
I also have fiitted the Design Corse pump.It does not help temps riding around town,it does bring the temps down quicker when on the move though as mentioned.Have you considered fitting a fan over-ride switch.It is the best/cheapest mod I have done to control the bikes temps when in traffic.:)

·
Registered
819 Posts
So why does nobody go for the Spal fans? Surely their 4.5-6inch fans move double if not more air than the oe fan.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Thread hijack! Happy belated birthday MV BOY

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Enjoy the contrast then, of how young you still feel:yo:

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
A less expensive upgrade would be the MV updated design impeller. Works well at cutting down heat. I would remove your original and check it first to see if you have the updated version first before spending money on the race water pump. If its the old design, just get the updated MV impeller.
This really helped with me and I think Atlanta has to get a lot warmer than anywhere in GB. And I live in the city so I am not foreign to being stuck in traffic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm also based in the North East of England and am getting one of the design corse pumps on Wednesday 28th. If you can wait a couple of weeks I'll let you know how I get on with it.

Mine's an F4 750 and I saw a personal best of 118 degrees C travelling through Darlington a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm also based in the North East of England and am getting one of the design corse pumps on Wednesday 28th. If you can wait a couple of weeks I'll let you know how I get on with it.

Mine's an F4 750 and I saw a personal best of 118 degrees C travelling through Darlington a few weeks ago.
Pmsl. Im from stockton btw and thanks, that would be great to see how you get on. Mine has only ever hit 115 degrees but I switched the engine off at that point so can't comment. However, do the bikes not cut out themselves at high temp and if so what temp does that occur?

Cheers,
Clint

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
At that point does your bike just burst into flames? I wouldnt think it would get hot enough over there to get those temps. I freak out when it hits 106 and starts flashing at me. It gets 38c+ here and even before the upgraded pump never let it get that far.

Now it only hits 106 if I have been flogging it and then get stuck in a little town parade or something of the like.

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
Joe; he has to use the updated housing too the new impeller won't fit the stock housing

I also have fiitted the Design Corse pump.It does not help temps riding around town,it does bring the temps down quicker when on the move though as mentioned.Have you considered fitting a fan over-ride switch.It is the best/cheapest mod I have done to control the bikes temps when in traffic.:)
Mitch;
the best thing to do is get a chip from Adam(merc07) if you have the earlier 1.6 SM ECU
>new fuel map
>new ignition map
>the fans come on at a lower temp like with the MicroTec

all around win situation

·
Super Moderator
22,648 Posts
Funny, I just used my 312R on a short track yesterday.....sitting on the grid, waiting to roll max temp 195 *F

·
Super Moderator
22,648 Posts
Probably the best thing you can do to keep your bike cooler is to have the ignition table adjusted.

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
Probably the best thing you can do to keep your bike cooler is to have the ignition table adjusted.
nope, turn the fans on at 85C/185F not 98C/209F by then its a runaway train

oh, better fuel and ignition maps will fix a whole bunch of issues though

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Clint

Pump is here now so just need to arrange fitting. I'll report back.

And to reply to Ryan - we have had an unusually hot summer this year hence my PB of 118. That particular day the motorway around Darlington was shut so everything was diverted through town and it was slow going, even on a bike!! My wife has a BMW F650GS and was just laughing at me when I stopped to let it cool..........

John

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had the pump fitted today.

Running over to Darlington this morning when the air temp was very cool it ran at 68 degrees C at a steady 85mph on the A66. Once in town it got to 84 degrees.

After fitting, the return journey in noticeably warmer air temperature it ran at 63 degrees C again at 85mph on the A66 and up to 80 in the town. It cooled from 80 noticeably quicker when moving at 30mph or so.

So my initial impression is good and it will help run slightly cooler in the first place and then when it does get warmer when stationary, it'll cool a lot quicker than the original pump.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts