MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Had a thought and borrowed this from the Jet prime thread. The bit at the end of the arrow is what stops it going further home. Not sure if it is worth taking some material from there or not??? Could that be affecting the sealing of the joint? It seems to me it would need a fair bit taken off to close the gap and it hasn't needed it before. I have been running this water pump for 10 000km.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I had that same problem with mine and sent it back to DC they fixed it for free it leaked out of weep hole . but unfortunately for you DC are no longer
I'm sure you will fix it .

·
Administrator
19,525 Posts
As long as the o-ring is in the bore and the pump shaft is fully engaged there is no need to drive the housing further in. I would say put it together and go.

·
Vendor
18 Posts
I had that same problem with mine and sent it back to DC they fixed it for free it leaked out of weep hole . but unfortunately for you DC are no longer
I'm sure you will fix it .
Hi,
we were the manufacturer where DC ought all water pumps and hubs. The water pumps have their service kits. ;) Come to our new vendor forum for any question

Happy Easter to all of you!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
As long as the o-ring is in the bore and the pump shaft is fully engaged there is no need to drive the housing further in. I would say put it together and go.
Thanks mate. Might just chuck it back in tonight when I finish work and see how it goes. If that fails I might see what Jetprime have to say.

·
Vendor
5,281 Posts
Glen I had to chamfer the housing on my Design Corse pump some time back and I put a slight smear of silicone around the Oring to ensure no leaks and it has been good for 4 years now.
Just thoroughly clean the area in the motor.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Thanks Mitchy, I'm looking at a METRIC O ring that is 3mm cross section and 34.50mm I.D. that I think may perform better than the imperial one supplied. The groove the o-ring sits in is 3.00mm. Just need to wait for the bearing shop to open on Tuesday which is probably a good thing so I avoid double demerits easter weekend on the MV. The supplied o-ring is 2.62mm and 34-59 I.D.

·
Vendor
5,281 Posts
After many complaints about the water pump through Design Corse years ago.
The pump had 2 issues.
1/ The pump fouled the casing and needed the chamfer.
2/ The pump had no relief hole in the pump,so if the internal seal fails it doesn’t pump coolant into the motor.
The issues were solved so Design Corse told us.:mad:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The metric o-ring part number is RM0345-30 if you are interested. I'm happy with the pump generally. Just think a better fitting seal will help. Other than the chamfer already done I won't be doing any more adjustments to the housing.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Thanks Mitchy, I'm looking at a METRIC O ring that is 3mm cross section and 34.50mm I.D. that I think may perform better than the imperial one supplied. The groove the o-ring sits in is 3.00mm. Just need to wait for the bearing shop to open on Tuesday which is probably a good thing so I avoid double demerits easter weekend on the MV. The supplied o-ring is 2.62mm and 34-59 I.D.
What ? So with all the virus dramas that everyone has to deal with the pricks are still doing double demerits ? Fascists.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts