MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 F4 gets very hot when I get stuck in slow traffic and I end up with a heat rash on my right leg and the seat gets pretty warm too.
Would a better water pump and different coolant make it run cooler or should I just get the exhaust ceramic coated?
I had an XB9R Buell that I had the exhaust headers ceramic coated and it worked wonders for stopping me getting a heat rash on my leg.
What would be the better option?

·
Super Moderator
23,940 Posts
Well, I think you've answered your own question there. Changing coolant flow and coolant will change, to some degree(pun intended:loser:), the engine running temperature; but, it will do little for exhaust temperature.

Ceramic coating your exhaust will reduce transmitted heat in the path of the exhaust and push it out the back.:flamethro This will heat the seat a bit more if you don't put some material between the silencer and the seat. I used a heat reflective adhesive inuslator under the seat tray.

Where is your heat rash? At the risk of chiding from the rest of the comedians on here:thewife:, if it is inner thigh at the gas tank seat junction, then this route may help. If it is the back of the calf, then I might go down the decat route as well.

C:smoking:

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
Wendy;
ceramic coat and decat.....

you already have the H.O. waterpump

the usual problem is ignition map and fueling too.....but I don't remember any '11 owners saying anything though

:popcorn:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.
Think I will go and take the bike down to the ceramic coating place and get a quote.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts