MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is what i know........ you don't have to buy a new water pump.
All you need is a better "fan" (don't know the right word in english) for the original water pump.
The oem water pump "fan" from a 636 Kawasaki will fit in the MV water pump if you do a small modify to it. The modified 636 "fan" will then (after being modified) be installed on the MV water pump and accordingly to the guy in Italy that did it and first intalled it on his 750MV the results are great because the temperature on his MV decreased an average of 10º celsius.

I already have my modified "fan" but due to laziness i haven't installed it yet and confirmed (or not) the results.
As soon as i install it i will let you guys know.

Here are some pics (first comparing the 2 "fans" and then the 636 modified "fans" he made and sold)

·
Registered
756 Posts
slams said:
i have been working on this for some time and i will have them for sale in about 2 weeks,they are an replacement part so no mods needed just remove the old one and fit one of ours.And we have found on testing on our F4 1000 9c drop in temp.Im also working on some other cool mods for the MV so ill let you know when they are ready.Safe riding guys and gals
hi guys ... sorry but i dont really get it ... is this a mod whereby a change of muzzy fan or there is a such mods of the water pump fan ??

·
Registered
393 Posts
slams said:
i have been working on this for some time and i will have them for sale in about 2 weeks,they are an replacement part so no mods needed just remove the old one and fit one of ours.And we have found on testing on our F4 1000 9c drop in temp.Im also working on some other cool mods for the MV so ill let you know when they are ready.Safe riding guys and gals
Hello, Please let me know when you have them ready. I would like to buy one.
Thanks

·
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and
1,061 Posts
same here i'm in the uk
definatly want one how much they gonna cost roughly

other question is how hard is it to remove the water pump and then remove the impellar

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
i removed my water pump the other day while getting to a seal i needed to replace. pretty much the Faring comes off, and you have direct access to the water pump...dont forget to drain the fluid from the drain plug located on the water pump. As far as getting the impeller off i dont know how tough that could be. I did see the impeller though when i took my water pump off

good luck and i hope this works out for all those hot running bikes

·
Registered
579 Posts
MV-999R said:
Ok this is what i know........ you don't have to buy a new water pump.
All you need is a better "fan" (don't know the right word in english) for the original water pump.
The oem water pump "fan" from a 636 Kawasaki will fit in the MV water pump if you do a small modify to it. The modified 636 "fan" will then (after being modified) be installed on the MV water pump and accordingly to the guy in Italy that did it and first intalled it on his 750MV the results are great because the temperature on his MV decreased an average of 10º celsius.

I already have my modified "fan" but due to laziness i haven't installed it yet and confirmed (or not) the results.
As soon as i install it i will let you guys know.

Here are some pics (first comparing the 2 "fans" and then the 636 modified "fans" he made and sold)

can you give us details on how the work is done, because i will go out and buy the parts as soon as you tell me how to 'modify' them to it on the MV.
(sorry for not being patient for the mass production gents, but i just bought my Laguna tickets and i need to have this heat issue sorted well before I 'slow roll' down canary row.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Sorry mate I wasn't very clear, I have them but haven't yet fitted them.

Others will be able to comment on whether they make any difference to the cooling. I am just looking forward to being able to turn my bike off without standing around for five minutes with the fans still spinning, waiting for the radiators to cool so the fans don't melt!!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Broms said:
I am just looking forward to being able to turn my bike off without standing around for five minutes with the fans still spinning, waiting for the radiators to cool so the fans don't melt!!
At least you have that option. On the 312, the fans lose power as soon as the engine stops running.

1 - 20 of 336 Posts