MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problems with the seal which goes the shaft for the water impeller. It seems that I have to replace it every year. Last time I even placed a water proof lubricant on it. Need some advise on how to install the new seal when it comes in to prevent this problem next year.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Shaft maybe worn Andrew ? Have you got the early waterpump or the later version. I have a few lying around if you want to try another one, some brand new never installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Newer one in the second picture. If you want to send me one I can PM you my address and pay you for it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Check the bearing on the water pump shaft.
Don't know if it's the same but the bearings on the shaft of my KX dirt bike were worn causing the impeller and shaft to move due to thrust under power and let coolant leak.
The shaft had a groove in it at the seal but I just replaced the bearings with some SKF units and left the shaft alone and all was okay after that.
Hope this helps?

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
It's not surprising to me that this part is giving Melissa trouble on her bike.

It's about the only bloody thing that is still a standard MV Agusta component on this velocipede.

:f4:

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Newer one in the second picture. If you want to send me one I can PM you my address and pay you for it.
New shaft on the way, I will check if I have seals and bearings also Andrew. PM me your new address, I owe you.

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's not surprising to me that this part is giving Melissa trouble on her bike.

It's about the only bloody thing that is still a standard MV Agusta component on this velocipede.

:f4:
:laughing::laughing:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts