MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes i'm off to inspect the colonies and see what you've all done with the place...........i hope you've looked after the island over the years?:stickpoke

Sorrry couldn't resist. It looks like i'll be headed over to Port Macquarie in early feb for around 10 days for some dyno/ECU related work. Approx dates but not yet confirmed are 7th-17th/21st ish.

So a few simple questions really.

Firstly who fancies a beer or ten?

Secondly and the more serious question, with me having access to a dyno is there anyone who wishes to capitalise on this and have me supply and map an ECU personally for them as well as?

I am hoping to have the quickshifter fitment ready as well but can't be 100% sure of that yet.

There was a plan that i head up to the gold coast and do some dyno stuff but i think that isn't likely to happen :( although if possible i would like to scoot up there for a few days being a nosy pommie tourist. Time, workload and success of the trip priority comes before site seeing.

I'm not going to make it anywhere else on this trip i'm afraid as time really is pushed and it's mainly business rather than site seeing. Maybe next year i'll pop over with the family for longer and do more of a grand tour type thing.

Let me know and hopefully i'll be catching up with some of you soon.

Does Australia have guiness btw? or is this going to be a dry trip :(:jsm:

cheers

·
Registered
186 Posts
Port Macquarie ? I thought you were coming out West ?
...yes Australia has Guiness ... I think it's used to repair cracks in the road...Try some of the good stuff while you're here.:naughty::naughty:

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Port Macquarie ? I thought you were coming out West ?
...yes Australia has Guiness ... I think it's used to repair cracks in the road...Try some of the good stuff while you're here.:naughty::naughty:

It was an initial plan but i don't think it's gonna work out. Check ya emails mate :)

I only asked about the Guiness as some of the best pints i have had were either in Dfublin or San Diego of all places so i was wondering if Oz could add itself to my best pint of Guiness tour. You know it's a good pint if you lose count after 12 pints. :wtf::yo:

Unsurprisingly the worst pint has been spitting/throwing up (literally) distance from here.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For good beer come to Belgium Chris ;)
Well i have that 1.6M ECU upgrade for your Brutale just sat here with your name on it ;)

Plus i'd bring my push bike and you can show some decent belguim roads so i could work up a thrist whilst there :stickpoke:D I've got a friend in Lommel and the beer was rather good, expecially the white beer from what i remember.

We also used to race at Mettet and that was a sea of beer, tyre changes, fuel, racing and BEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe after my Oz tour i'll do a european tour ;)

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
UNLIMITED supplies of Guinness over here Chris and like all Irish men...it doesn't travel well so if you want 'tanked up' with the proper ' black stuff'...I'm your man and when the head clears I'd love you to work your magic on my bike?. A short hop across the 'schuck' (say it like your'e clearing your throat!) Brian.

·
Registered
386 Posts
PM SENT... :naughty:

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UNLIMITED supplies of Guinness over here Chris and like all Irish men...it doesn't travel well so if you want 'tanked up' with the proper ' black stuff'...I'm your man and when the head clears I'd love you to work your magic on my bike?. A short hop across the 'schougghhhh' (say it like your'e clearing your throat!) Brian.

I may be over for the NW200 this year. Not sure yet got loads of irons in the fire so to speak.

If so i'll do my usual and drink my way out of a pint glass down in the port area for most of the night ;) seemed to work out well for me the last time i was there.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
I may be over for the NW200 this year. Not sure yet got loads of irons in the fire so to speak.

If so i'll do my usual and drink my way out of a pint glass down in the port area for most of the night ;) seemed to work out well for me the last time i was there.
That would be great Chris if you could make it....and if you've been before, then you know the score. Bring some Australian weather back with you, my MV awaits your touch and I know your a busy....but thirsty man! Brian:)....you do know Bushmills...and 'Joey's' are just down the road!!.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Chris, I will be either riding up from Sydney or trailing the brute to Port Macq, on my way to my construction site at Emerald Beach (around the corner from you Hoppy). Waiting on what dates suit you and the shop.
Cheerio.
Michel

·
Registered
988 Posts
Hi Chris, I can see your time here is at a premium.

But if you can tear yourself away from them southerners for the last day or so, you know you have a place to stay on the Gold Coast :)

There's this Pub in Surfers Paradise that has Guinness by the keg, on tap. But, I've got to tell ya, I'm a bit dubious that it's genuine? I need a Guinness connoisseur to confirm :naughty:

Do you think you're up for it :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmmm...my uncle lives in Port Mac...

Maybe a quick trip up the coast is in order...
Well it would be rude not to really ;) After all family should come first and if there happens to be some go faster bits for your bike available then what a happy coincidence...........family first though obviously:stickpoke

Chris, I will be either riding up from Sydney or trailing the brute to Port Macq, on my way to my construction site at Emerald Beach (around the corner from you Hoppy). Waiting on what dates suit you and the shop.
Cheerio.
Michel
Provisonal trip dates are feb 7th-17th/21st. Once these are confirmed i will then Pm contact details and put people in contact with each other and start booking stuff in.

Gonna be a busy little boy it seems :)

Hi Chris, I can see your time here is at a premium.

But if you can tear yourself away from them southerners for the last day or so, you know you have a place to stay on the Gold Coast :)

There's this Pub in Surfers Paradise that has Guinness by the keg, on tap. But, I've got to tell ya, I'm a bit dubious that it's genuine? I need a Guinness connoisseur to confirm :naughty:

Do you think you're up for it :popcorn:
Well now you see the thing with Guiness is that i have 4 golden rules.

1, If the head is yellow pour it away and demand a new one.

2, If it is straight poured firebomb the pub and find one that knows how to pour a proper pint.

3, If no one lese in the pub is drinking Guiness DON'T touch it.

4, A good pint with a good head should be almost like yoghurt. You should be able to tip a full pint over to around 25 degrees or so and the head keep the shape of the glass..................it it does it's a good sign of a good pint.

Ok 5 golden rules.

5, If you can drink the pint in around 3 gulps without even realising it then it's probbably a decent one.

Ok 6 golden rules, i have 6 golden .................7, 7 golden rules to a decent pint of Guiness.

6, If you get to the 5th pint without even noticing then it's decent.

and 7, If all else fails you can buck a pint up with a shot of Tia Maria droppedd in after the pint has been poured..................woooooooooooohooooooooooo my record is 4 of those and i was bolloxed.

I wouldn't say i'm qualified a beer/Guiness expert but i did embrace my youth of attempting become a professional drinker ;)

Ok 8 golden rules

8, If you walk in to the bar and there are pints lined up being poured then you're in Ireland and i doubt it's possible to get a bad pint although i am sure i wll be corrected on that point as i've only been as a tourist and was pissed/drunk;) from the time i got off the boat to the time i got back on.

HTH ;)

·
Vendor
5,372 Posts
Chris,I have heard of 2 uses for Guiness in Ozzyland,one is its great for cleaning concrete driveways and it also unblocks toilets,mate jokes aside it will be great to meet you.You sound a little bit excited,be careful because when you visit you may want to live here and we could certainly use you.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Chris,I have heard of 2 uses for Guiness in Ozzyland,one is its great for cleaning concrete driveways and it also unblocks toilets,mate jokes aside it will be great to meet you.You sound a little bit excited,be careful because when you visit you may want to live here and we could certainly use you.

Well it usually unblocks me so there must be some truth in the matter.

Quite excited yes :D Lots of work to do but also a fantastic opportunity to go somewhere that i've always wanted to go.

I think my wife and kids might have somethign to say about me staying ;) re-location though has crossed our minds a number of times, but i'm a realist, sometimes the grass isn't greener, just cut nicer :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
5, If you can drink the pint in around 3 gulps without even realising it then it's probbably a decent one.
I totally agree with that one Chris, personally love it and the best pints are in Dublin.

If there is a decent pub selling the black stuff, I will treat you to a pint or two in March when I am over. (After you have dynoed the bike of course!)

Dave

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's pretty much confirmed

Yup just waiting an email but it's otherwise confirmed i'm coming to annoy you all in OZ land.

Provisional dates are 7th-23rd.

I will be at a Dyno centre in Port Macquarie for most of this time but am planning on hiring a car and driving up to the Gold coast and stoicking around for a few days.

So is there anyone who was giving serious thought to an ECU that wants to capitalise on me being there and to get it installed and mapped and.

secondly who fancies sorting a night out whilst i'm there, nothing too savage ;) but a few pints won't go a miss.

Getting quite excited by this now.

cheers

chris

1 - 20 of 65 Posts