MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Close call so wash, wipe & check your bolts.

The other night, I was wiping the bike down and, as always, looking out for anything loose--old habit from riding HD Sportsters. Viola, the main bolt on the kickstand bracket plate was missing, and the other two smaller bolts on the plate were loose. The whole assembly wobbled like j-low's arse. Got it sorted at the dealer immediately but it was a nervous ride over there.

You just never know when the vibe gremlins will strike. So sing along everyone...wash, wipe & check your bolts...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Very similar story, cleaning away and noticed the mid pipe mounting bracket missing the hex bolt....not as serious as yours however!
Bit of loctite and all is well

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Good spot man.... i'll have to take a look soon!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
had the same thing happen on my Duc.....kick stand was about to fall off and luckily i noticed it.
the kick stand bolts are one of the few items I always have safety wired, on or off track.....I also do the typical oil plug, oil filter, front axle bolts, rear wheel nuts. Basically anything that can cause a catastrophic crash if it fails or comes loose.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Amen ! I had the bolts which hold the pipes to the subframe vibrate out yesterday, which in turn cracked the plate underneath which holds the two pair of pipes together. I was a "wigglin'-willie" headin down the road till i got to a service station and raped their tool chest!!! Where can i order 17 gallons of Loc-tite??? Im thinkn of washing the bike with the stuff!!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
MV Manhattan said:
Amen ! I had the bolts which hold the pipes to the subframe vibrate out yesterday, which in turn cracked the plate underneath which holds the two pair of pipes together. I was a "wigglin'-willie" headin down the road till i got to a service station and raped their tool chest!!! Where can i order 17 gallons of Loc-tite??? Im thinkn of washing the bike with the stuff!!
Yes, those are always comming loose, I noticed that from the rear the outlets were not alines up to the tail piece, checked those same bolts...loose!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts