MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys

Quick questions....

Looking at the Ago yesterday I examined the exhaust and although it has the correct gold tips of the Ago, it is not stamped "RG3" anywhere.

Hence I was wondering:

1) Was the Ago supplied with two exhausts - standard and an RG3 - and did the standard one have gold tips?

2) Was the RG3 on the Ago stamped "RG3" on it or not?

3) If I look down the Ago's exhaust tips I can clearly see the baffles (drilled tubes) while I can't see anything if I look down the standard pipes of the 750 - does this mean that the Ago has the RG3's or did the exhaust change from the 750 and 1000?

4) Also, the headers are slightly dented in two places - anyone have a spare set anywhere for a 1000?

5) Finally, I was also wondering how I could see whetehr the Ago has the chip installed that came with the RG3's - or did theyt only come with one?

Your help is appreciated!

Cheers
dave

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
deimh said:
Hi guys

Quick questions....

Looking at the Ago yesterday I examined the exhaust and although it has the correct gold tips of the Ago, it is not stamped "RG3" anywhere.

Hence I was wondering:

1) Was the Ago supplied with two exhausts - standard and an RG3 - and did the standard one have gold tips?

2) Was the RG3 on the Ago stamped "RG3" on it or not?

3) If I look down the Ago's exhaust tips I can clearly see the baffles (drilled tubes) while I can't see anything if I look down the standard pipes of the 750 - does this mean that the Ago has the RG3's or did the exhaust change from the 750 and 1000?

4) Also, the headers are slightly dented in two places - anyone have a spare set anywhere for a 1000?

5) Finally, I was also wondering how I could see whetehr the Ago has the chip installed that came with the RG3's - or did theyt only come with one?

Your help is appreciated!

Cheers
dave
Dave, Ago's came with two exhaust sets, later RG3's are marked "not for road use" or "track use only" an easy way to tell is the diameter of the perforated tube in the end tips, if the two middle one's are small about 12mm or so, they are std, RG3's the centre one's are around 20mm dia.I think they all had the same gold tips

Blacks have a set of headers, do a search for blacks bike shop, they may still be on e-bay, the 750 one's will not fit as the engine is 10mm taller.

On the chip thing it's no great worry either way as the ike will respond better to a Power Commander anyway

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
just to confirm.....
Yes both exhuasts are the same gold color
It should come with TWO mid pipes as well...one with the Cat, one without. they both look the same on the outside. the one without still has the bulge, but there is not Catylizer in it..youcan see the difference with the midpipes off.

second it does come with a second chip, but as stated earlier, a powercommander is the proper way to go.

the bike should also come with:
a framed certificate of authenticity, signed by ago.
Mv agusta/sparco cover all
and a MV agusta cover, Ago specific, it has the #1 on it too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts