MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
HOLY SH!T, that person has some serious $$ to play with toys like those. that green lambo is sick!! i would have to say it is a pretty well rounded collection of bikes and cars. if i were there i would :nutkick: and take either lambo :koolaid:

·
Registered
756 Posts
That guy knows how to live. Interesting looking vehicle on the left. Judging by the seat belts it too can move rapidly. I could do without the cruisers and might change the colors on the vehicles...but he's barking up the right tree :conveyer:

·
Registered
583 Posts
My god thats a sick a$$ garage I am not rolling in the cash maybe just change that feel out of my pocket but if I could afford a lambo I really would not care what color it was. I would trade a kiddney and maybe a nut for a pink lambo. Hey odonata just curious how much is a chelo? not very musicley inclinded. I cant even play a ipod.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
jcctx said:
My god thats a sick a$$ garage I am not rolling in the cash maybe just change that feel out of my pocket but if I could afford a lambo I really would not care what color it was. I would trade a kiddney and maybe a nut for a pink lambo. Hey odonata just curious how much is a chelo? not very musicley inclinded. I cant even play a ipod.
you get to play with million $ jets at work, don't forget :)

price of cellos? from a couple hundred bucks up to 8 million dollars, and mine is somewhere in the lower range.

·
Registered
673 Posts
odonata said:
you get to play with million $ jets at work, don't forget :)

price of cellos? from a couple hundred bucks up to 8 million dollars, and mine is somewhere in the lower range.
A cello worth 8 mil? Like the musical instrument? WTF makes a cello worth that much?

/me had no idea...

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
A Stradivarious cello "Batta" (year 1714) was appraised for 8 mil about 20 years ago; the stolen and then recovered LA Phil "General Kyd" cello by Strad is also appraised for 3.5 mil+ a while back... just think of these cellos like paintings of Picasso, they are the must beautiful, best sounding examples of cello made by the best makers in history, but instead of being just an antique that you hang on the walls, they are practical musical instruments too.

·
Registered
583 Posts
wow I had no clue one could last that long and could cost that much. I can appreciate the craftsmanship of a instrument like that, so I can see where one would be so pricey. And Odonata I know I really like what I do and I am happy, thanks. But some times I see stuff like that pic and think how.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
jcctx said:
I know I really like what I do and I am happy, thanks. But some times I see stuff like that pic and think how.
yeah, I hear you... don't we all? :conveyer: :conveyer: :conveyer:

FYI, if carefully preserved, string instruments like violins and cello actually sound better as they age, why? no one can say for sure but it has to do with the moisture in the wood... and as a player I can tell you there is a pretty big difference between a modern cello and 200 year old cello... I own a 6 year old cello and another from 1737.

Do you get to work on other planes?

·
Registered
583 Posts
I trained with F18 but I am very speacialized because really no other bird can do what we do. If you ask somebody on anything else about ECM they think flares and other small systems that most birds have. But the soul perpuse of this bird is to just spy and jam and I am responsible for that. I work on the systems that take 3 aircrew to operate. My systems go all over the bird. With out my systems the bird is just a passanger jet. It only carries one missle. A H.A.R.M. high speed anti radiation missle. ANd that missle runs off my stuff, cant really go in to detail. You can probley google the bird and get more info than I can give here. Kind of a long way to answer the question. I went to all the basic schools to get qualified to work on avionics gear but then went to a school in washinton for my last one. I have worked with certian other birds that have some of our systems but thats it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts