MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum,

My F3 800 has the infamous Koyo battery, needless to say it's heading to the dealer tomorrow.

"This express warranty does not apply to"
3. Normal wear and deterioration

Is the battery covered under warranty or is it classed as deterioration, will I have to pay for a new battery?

Thank you for any help!

·
Super Moderator
24,098 Posts
They would probably give you a new Koyo...do you really want that?

·
Old Wing Nut
22,159 Posts
That depends on a few things. How long have you had the bike, how many miles has it been ridden during that time, have you religiously used the battery maintainer when not riding.....how pro-active is your dealer.

Typically, batteries fail due to improper initial service or lack of maintenance resulting in sulfation damage, and not from an actual "defect".

So, in a nut shell, your battery is a "normal wear and maintenance" item; however, you may get a replacement under warranty if the dealer can sell it to the Manufacturer (MV) or accepts the cost themselves as "goodwill" for their customer.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Danielj,
Since that's your first post I'll hazard a guess that your bike is nearly new. In that case I don't think you'd have any problem getting a replacement under warranty if it's genuinely failed. But, like everyone says. The batteries they're fitting as standard now are crap. Get a Yuasa and a tender. Even the charger MV supply with the bikes are better than nothing.

Si

1 - 4 of 4 Posts