MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I had a dropped valve issue on my MV Agusta F3 800 2018 model for which engine rebuild was required. MV Agusta provided partial goodwill and the remaining cost of repair was paid by me for engine rebuild at the their official local dealer. After the engine rebuild was completed, MV Agusta is not offering any workmanship warranty for the engine mentioning that partial cost of rebuild was provided as good will to the customer and there will not be any assurance provided by MV for the repair performed.

Kindly advise if anyone in the forum have received warranty or anyone have faced such issue.
Rectangle Slope Parallel Font Number

Thanks

·
Registered
2005 F4 AGO 2017 TVL RC
6,763 Posts
Even if the rebuild was good will, they should be responsible for their work if it was not done properly. How many miles were on the engine when it dropped the valve?

·
Old Wing Nut
22,956 Posts
The dealer should be responsible. MV has no control over the dealer technician competency.
You need to ask the dealer for some guarantee that they did the work correctly.
Most dealers routinely offer some guarantee on workmanship within their service department.
I would not expect MV Agusta to provide any guarantee. Neither would Honda/Kawasaki/Suzuki/Yamaha..

·
Registered
205 Posts
IME, The way it works in the car world is that the workmanship warranty is handled by the workshop/dealer, even if that work needs to be done at a different workshop. Not MV. They did their part by the goodwill warranty extension.

I would call the dealer that did the work for clarification, it's up to them, not MV.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yup. No one is going to guarantee work that someone else not in their direct employ has done, whether they paid the bill or not.
Any guarantee on the workmanship should be provided by the party that did it - I.e. the dealership who carried out the rebuild.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I work for a dealer(not mv) and what they have said is correct, you do not get warranty on warranty, the vehicle warranty will expire 3 years from the reg date. Mv will not guarantee the dealers work. However we would , should you have a failure offer a sensible approach

1 - 9 of 9 Posts