MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All,

Looking to pick up a used TVL (in USA) that is currently under warranty and bringing it over to Europe.

Wondering if there are any possibilities of reliable warranty extension / insurance etc that we can available in Europe ?

Additionally, what to look out for in a used TVL.. From what i have read, not too many issues so far just some basic stuff that is probably the case with every bike. still - definitely wont want to run this thing without warranty. thoughts ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/74-turismo-veloce/230762-50-000-kms-tv.html

Thats a first year model that got tested for 2 years.
Check out the video. (english subtitles are available)

Valves got replaced in newer modelyear and its basically a strong reliable bike.
I do recommend to look for a 2016/2017 or higher model bequase of the new valves. :)

Plenty of stories on the forum with people saying they love their TVL's :)

*Why import a motorcycle from USA to Europe? Yes they are alot cheaper there but you need to pay taxes/import costs/overall bike inspection when it reaches your country which could take several weeks if not month(s). And in the end you might only save a few hundred euros.

PS: for future help or information, let people know which country you live in. On the forum there are some helpfull guys out here that know alot and might help you if you need it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the tip on valves.

there are ways to avoid tax on import (for example if u own the vehicle for certain duration)

·
Registered
867 Posts
thanks for the tip on valves.

there are ways to avoid tax on import (for example if u own the vehicle for certain duration)
Yes, but, still not sure how much gain you can do. TV/TVL used are at interesting price in some European countries, and it may be easier to import them in Germany. Further, warranty may be an issue by itself : usual warranty is 2 years in Europe (3 years for the Euro 4 models for models bought after November 2017), while I'm not sure about the normal warranty in US...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, but, still not sure how much gain you can do. TV/TVL used are at interesting price in some European countries, and it may be easier to import them in Germany. Further, warranty may be an issue by itself : usual warranty is 2 years in Europe (3 years for the Euro 4 models for models bought after November 2017), while I'm not sure about the normal warranty in US...
by the way - i checked with MV directly and they said USA warranty would be honored world wide

·
Registered
867 Posts
used are at interesting price in some European countries --> any pointers ?
You should look in Italy (subito.it) and France (leboncoin.fr) to have some ideas of the prices. From what I understand from the TURISMO VELOCE MV AGUSTA group on Facebook, it seems that band new there is substantial discount on TV/TVL in Italy, and it may be as well some thing to explore in your case.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Ghazi, US warranty is 2 years from the original purchase date. However, the extended warranty, unless its underwritten specifically by MV Agusta may not apply.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i don't expect extended warranty to be valid (as its usually from an external local company anyway) .

i can't seems to find great deals on MVs directly in europe.. esp ones with warranty

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
to define great deals -- they are all around 12k+ euro mark..

looking for a lusso (any color) with atlast a year of warranty - no location preference except be in Europe

·
Registered
396 Posts
my bike has an extended warranty with RealGarant. Had to open a case for sprag clutch replacement (still wondering why MV doesn't replace it, at least my dealer recommended to open the case there and MV to get it resolved asap).
So far (initial response and handling) I'm quite happy with them but you need to have a dealer to get a contract with them. Will update (if you are interested) on the outcome later

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my bike has an extended warranty with RealGarant. Had to open a case for sprag clutch replacement (still wondering why MV doesn't replace it, at least my dealer recommended to open the case there and MV to get it resolved asap).
So far (initial response and handling) I'm quite happy with them but you need to have a dealer to get a contract with them. Will update (if you are interested) on the outcome later
yes please do keep us in the loop. i might ping you on how to get this warranty as well

what was the cost and whats the duration ?

thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
if I remember correctly it was 4xx€ for 2 years but you can only get it via a dealer of your choice
that might b worth it... i will ping u for details when the time comes. do keep us posted on the experience with this company

thanks!

·
Registered
396 Posts
that might b worth it... i will ping u for details when the time comes. do keep us posted on the experience with this company

thanks!

just found the old invoice: I've paid 315€ in 2016 for 2 years extended warranty, maybe there's a chance to get another extension? we'll see

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Proof of the pudding would be hearing from someone who has taken out a third party extended warranty, has made a claim/s and is satisfied with the outcome. I'm very sceptical about this sort of thing and would rather take my chances TBH.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts