MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey......im too busy (or lazy, your choice) to look it up today.......what is our warranty coverage? 2 years 10k miles?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK.......the book says 2 years from delivery......but no mention of miles.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've got some questions about the MV Agusta warranty. A few posts claim that these beautiful machines are just as reliable as Japanese bikes, however I've read a number of posts about defects, failures, and other problems that give me reason for concern as I contemplate purchasing the F4-1000.

My search brought me to this thread. I shot an e-mail to a dealer for the warranty's details, but I'd like to ask you about your experiences with it, if any.

1. What was your warranty claim/situation? Please specify your model and model year.

2. Did you handle it through your local dealer or directly with the manufacturer?

3. If so, then how was resolution achieved, and how long did it take?

4. Did you have to escalate the issue? How?

5. Were you satisfied?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Best,
Randy

·
Registered
175 Posts
By the way, Ducati offer the services below via their Ducati Card Assistance. Is there an equivalent by MV Agusta?

INTRODUCTION
Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A and ACI Global S.p.A. offer the Ducati Card Assistance, the service that covers DUCATI customers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in Europe for 24 months from the date the motor vehicle is delivered to the customer. Covered by this service are all Ducati customers who have purchased their motor vehicle at the Ducati sales network in the following countries:

Italy, France, Germany, Benelux, Sweden, UK, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, Austria, Greece, Finland, Denmark, Norway, USA/Canada* (* limited to only emergency road service and towing, retrieval of the motor vehicle from off the road in case of breakdown and only inside the USA and Canada).

The combined formula of Ducati Card Assistance handles and solves problems in case of breakdown, accident or illness.

Note: To help customers when in need of roadside recovery service, Ducati has printed the telephone number to call on the back of each D.O.C. card. Failure to receive this card does not affect in any way the validity of the guarantee and therefore, the right to obtain roadside recovery service.

ASSISTANCE TO MOTOR VEHICLE
• Emergency road service and towing
• Transport of passengers following
emergency road service
• Return home of passengers or
continuation of journey
• Recovery of repaired motor vehicle
• Repatriation of motor vehicle from
foreign country
• Search and dispatch of spare parts to
foreign country
• Hotel charges
• Retrieval of motor vehicle from off
the road in the case of an accident
• Advance of penalty bonds to a
foreign country

ASSISTANCE TO INDIVIDUAL
• Medical consultation
• Dispatching of doctor
• Ambulance to transport individual to
hospital (Italy only)
• Return home due to health problems
• Family member (dependent)
• Dispatch of urgent medicines to a
foreign country
• Cash advance

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sorry to hear that, Greg. I expect more from a high-end, premium marque. Motion to pass a private equity turnaround. Aye or nay? :nerd:

For what it's worth, I'd still like to get some feedback on peoples' warranty experiences.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'd like the peace of mind knowing there were companies that offered extended warranties.

I've been told there were companies, but I need names.

Cagiva can't be doing bad. I know the Brutale is selling much better than they predicted since there release.

Also many magazines continue to rave about the F4.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Knowing that other high-end marques like Ducati and BMW (and even Honda) offer roadside assistance, towing, and whatnot makes me wonder if MV Agusta will eventually step up.

I wouldn't say that their shortcoming in this area is a dealbreaker, but it certainly is a factor in my purchase decision.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Randy said:
Knowing that other high-end marques like Ducati and BMW (and even Honda) offer roadside assistance, towing, and whatnot makes me wonder if MV Agusta will eventually step up.

I wouldn't say that their shortcoming in this area is a dealbreaker, but it certainly is a factor in my purchase decision.
it wasn't a dealbreaker for me, either
but...
it's just something that is good customer service

by not having it as standard it gives the IMPRESSION that the bikes aren't of good quality and that the company will lose a lot of money by giving this away for free.

we know that MV has very HIGH quality bikes... so, it should be a no-brainer if ducati is doing it now

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
71 Posts
MVs are so good they can't possibly break down, so why would they offer rider assist? You might think you'd need it if it was offered. :jsm:

:laughing:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
BMW? Yeah 've read posts about their warranty, ECUs back ordered for weeks with no delivery date. No computerized inventory and their roadside assistance towing a bike to a dealership that had been out of business for months.

What do you guys want or expect? How big is the MV dealer network? Can't you join AMA and get a towing deal?

If I have a warranty issue, I'll just be happy if it's actually covered. There have been stories on various boards. A certain Ago owner who was being denied engine repair because he took his bike to the track. And a certain MV USA person, who posted comments such as MVs being hand-built Italian bikes, and what did you expect...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts