MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just today I had this problem. Noticed it on time it did not do much damage. The situation (hope I explain it right): the bolt that holds the speedometer uptaker in de frontsprocket holder can come loose. There was some loctite on the screwthread but not where it goes in the sprocket holder. Made it loose, put some new loctite, fastened it and problem gone. Now I need a new sprockethood under warranty :later:

Check on your MV, its not much work. It can cause a lot of damage.

James, something for your faq also???

Attachments

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Hi Max,

I've never heard of it before. Let me ask around too see if anyone else has heard of it happening. If it's a once/twice thing I don't think it needs to be the faq. You'll be here to help them!

That bolt uses loctite and a low torque so probably just a fluke.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True! And right.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The three bolts form the chainguard and the most left bolt from the clutch cilinder. The other bolts can stay put. Then is comes loose enough to reach it. Good luck.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Maximum Velocity said:
Just today I had this problem. Noticed it on time it did not do much damage. The situation (hope I explain it right): the bolt that holds the speedometer uptaker in de frontsprocket holder can come loose. There was some loctite on the screwthread but not where it goes in the sprocket holder. Made it loose, put some new loctite, fastened it and problem gone. Now I need a new sprockethood under warranty :later:

Check on your MV, its not much work. It can cause a lot of damage.

James, something for your faq also???
Just happened to me as well. Check my post on the Brutale forum.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just red it. Looking very similar. I would suggest to check it. Better safe than sorry :)

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmmm, after this incident I lost the right heelplate yesterday :bawling: okay... not too important, but if everything comes off it's going to look like a Duc or HD... :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: Need some tiewraps :later:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Maximum Velocity said:
Hmmmm, after this incident I lost the right heelplate yesterday :bawling: okay... not too important, but if everything comes off it's going to look like a Duc or HD... :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: Need some tiewraps :later:

:jsm: If you guys are having trouble with 242 you may want to try 243, I've converted all my medium loctite usage to 243 and find it works better in dirty areas

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts