MV Agusta Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
What does the 3k get you? Will the shop or MV give you a warrantee on the new engine? Since I'm assuming they were the ones who did your valve inspection they ought to feel obligated to at least help you out on the price. I realize nothing is free and they have to make money and it was just out of warrantee but still...

What are you leaning towards? Do you think they (the shop or MV) are going above and beyond at $3000? Or do you think that's too much? Seems to me like they should help you out a bit since MV is claiming responsibility and they last worked on it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I had planned to call tomorrow to ask if it was a new 0 miles engine or a refurbished one. Thanks for mentioning a warranty I’ll be sure to ask that as well. I had the inspection done at an independent shop in Houston since the closest Authorized MV shop is in Dallas (4 hours away). I personally feel like 3k is a lot to install the motor, BUT I’ve never had to replace one either so I wouldn’t know. That’s why I posted to see if anyone else had any input or suggestions. To be a bit more specific it was $300 for diagnosis and $2700 for installing the engine.
What does the 3k get you? Will the shop or MV give you a warrantee on the new engine? Since I'm assuming they were the ones who did your valve inspection they ought to feel obligated to at least help you out on the price. I realize nothing is free and they have to make money and it was just out of warrantee but still...

What are you leaning towards? Do you think they (the shop or MV) are going above and beyond at $3000? Or do you think that's too much? Seems to me like they should help you out a bit since MV is claiming responsibility and they last worked on it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
MV good willed the engine, but the shop is asking $3k to install the engine. Engine expected to arrive in a few weeks
$3,000 sounds like a lot. If average shop rate is $125 per hour than that is 24 hours and seems like a lot more hours than what it needs but I am no mechanic and my shop didn't take 24 hours total to replace engine when my valve dropped.

If you go by workshop manual it doesn't look it takes that long to replace engine. Bike comes apart in 3 sections...

41 - 45 of 45 Posts