MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has a lead on a F3 800 engine that would be great. My 2017 dropped a valve so I’m looking to buy one soon

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts
When was the bike purchased??? Maybe still in warranty?
Hope you find what you need.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bike was purchased in 2018. MV just confirmed warranty expired in July this year. I feel like an idiot for not checking sooner.

When was the bike purchased??? Maybe still in warranty?
Hope you find what you need.

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts
But did the failure occur within the warranty period ??? And did you report it to the dealer at that time??

If yes to both of those questions then you should be covered !!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This JUST happened. I’m having it shipped to an authorized dealer to see what can be done. Hopefully it’ll be shipped by this weekend.

But did the failure occur within the warranty period ??? And did you report it to the dealer at that time??

If yes to both of those questions then you should be covered !!!

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts
Bummer...well, good luck. Maybe MV will extend some goodwill your way.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope so. Everyone always asks about MV and for the most important part I praised MV for it being an awesome bike, but now I don’t think I have that same sentiment. We shall see.
Bummer...well, good luck. Maybe MV will extend some goodwill your way.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Hope MV will take care of you. How many miles do you have on the bike when this happened? Did you miss a valve adjustment service?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not even 8000 miles. I had JUST did my valve adjustment service. Every thing was in spec.
Sorry to hear this. Hope MV will take care of you. How many miles do you have on the bike when this happened? Did you miss a valve adjustment service?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Damn, what a nightmare. My 2016 is about to hit 10k miles, no longer under warranty... I hope they take care of you. You did your (costly) valve check on time, as I did. This shouldn't fault you. Hope it works out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. The crazy part is I was just about to sell it too. I would have hated for someone else to buy it and have that happen to someone else shortly after.
Damn, what a nightmare. My 2016 is about to hit 10k miles, no longer under warranty... I hope they take care of you. You did your (costly) valve check on time, as I did. This shouldn't fault you. Hope it works out.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
not just MV's that suffer I have an R1 with 3k on it and it dropped a rod, cylinder, head, crank case and crank is knackered. 2 months out of warranty. The R1 has suffered with the Crank, which Yam still ignore.

·
Registered
432 Posts
trying to build "state of the art" high revving engines nudging the edge of possible horsepower per litre in a naturally aspirated engine, AND at the same time cutting back on materials and development time to save costs -- This is what you will get ... Engines that have a spread of weaknesses, som more common than others. Even the famed BMW S1000RRs have engine weaknesses.

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts
Not even 8000 miles. I had JUST did my valve adjustment service. Every thing was in spec.
Did YOU do the valve clearance inspection? I assume since everything was "in spec" you did not remove the cams or change any shims....therefore not an "adjustment".
If a dealer did the valve inspection you will be in a better position for potential assistance from MV.
If it was you, then all bets are off.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had the shop do the valve inspection. If it’s in spec is there still need for an adjustment?
Did YOU do the valve clearance inspection? I assume since everything was "in spec" you did not remove the cams or change any shims....therefore not an "adjustment".
If a dealer did the valve inspection you will be in a better position for potential assistance from MV.
If it was you, then all bets are off.

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts
I had the shop do the valve inspection. If it’s in spec is there still need for an adjustment?
Inspection is just that. If any valves are out of clearance specification then an adjustment is needed...which means removing the cam shaft and changing shims.

It is good that the dealer did the inspection. That puts you on better terms asking for consideration from the factory.

Reactions: Figifister

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bike should arrive at the shop in Dallas today around noon. I’ll keep you guys updated.

Inspection is just that. If any valves are out of clearance specification then an adjustment is needed...which means removing the cam shaft and changing shims.

It is good that the dealer did the inspection. That puts you on better terms asking for consideration from the factory.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Got any pictures of the damage? Maybe it can be saved if there's no windows in your block.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hopefully just a new head and some machine work and you can be out riding again.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts