MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.
G2 Ergo have just let me know after two weeks that the Throttle Tamer I ordered two weeks ago is now out of stock and not available for another two weeks.......
Anyone got one or maybe our site vendors have one that they could Express Post to me please???

Part Number is: 40-4MV-136K.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't think it made much difference, it's just a "Band-Aid", not a fix. Maybe that's all you need, I hope it is.
Yeah thats all I need. I'm not really in a postion to lash out on lotsa parts to fix a pretty simple power delivery issue.
Heres hoping anyway mate!!

·
Administrator
19,499 Posts
Lots of positive feedback on the "tamer" for other brands. Not so much feedback for MVs either positive or negative. The concept is valid. I'll be interested to hear your feedback when you get it installed.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
We used to just get spare tube and mod it ourselves, scalpel / die grinder and some methacrylate adhesive. easy to change the basic profile, but you tend to need to run a little more slack in the return cable if you don't get the 2 cam profiles to match.

·
Super Moderator
22,045 Posts
@Peteroo: It would help us help you if we knew your bike year and model....

·
Registered
94 Posts
its a 2008 910s, faster orange version. Im thinking it will help some but would like some feed back to see if its really worth it. Really just need a sliver more range in the idle to parking lot speed/getting on throttle in corner

·
Registered
314 Posts
its a 2008 910s, faster orange version. Im thinking it will help some but would like some feed back to see if its really worth it. Really just need a sliver more range in the idle to parking lot speed/getting on throttle in corner
Hi
If the throttle bodies are balanced and the tps set correctly then how much slack do you have in the throttle cables? On my 1000S I found that adjusting (almost) all the slack out of the cables helped a lot with the issues you mentioned. One of Adam's (Merc07) chips could also help you.

Tony

·
Administrator
19,499 Posts
Does it run fine in all other regards? Just "abrupt" throttle response off idle or picking up the throttle from low rpms?

A lot of modern bikes have that kind of off idle throttle response, especially some of the fly-by-wire bikes. Do you have any mods?

Having the throttle bodies synched, TPS set properly and idle speed at the high end of spec makes a huge difference. Idle speed in particular.

Also, if you keep the rpms up above 6k the engine is a lot smoother on throttle pick-up...of course, riding around at 6k plus is a quick way to get a speeding ticket, too.

I am sure the throttle tamer would make a difference, just by slowing down your wrist, but it is not a "cure".

Tony, he has the 5SM ECU so Adam's chip is not an option.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It runs fine aside from the abrupt throttle. I put an arrow decat on it, it had no affect aside from running slightly cooler and leaner. Would the throttle bodies/tps get out of spec over the years? Possible to adjust the idle easily?

·
Administrator
19,499 Posts
It runs fine aside from the abrupt throttle. I put an arrow decat on it, it had no affect aside from running slightly cooler and leaner. Would the throttle bodies/tps get out of spec over the years? Possible to adjust the idle easily?
That slightly leaner doesn't help. Did you retain the O2 sensor? If not that could have an ill affect on off idle throttle too. The 5SM is looking for that signal and goes to a default fuel map without it.

How many miles? Yes, things get out of adjustment. TPS reset requires diagnostic software and cable. Adjusting idle should be part of throttle synch, using the air bleed screws.
In my case, I found the butterfly stop screw ("do not adjust') on the cable pulley had slowly wound itself out over many miles, reducing idle speed regardless of air bleed screw settings. It has no locking nut, just a nylock thread. The result for me was stalling when cold and a snatchy throttle.

I adjusted the "do not adjust" screw very slightly while setting synch with the air bleed screws and resetting the TPS. Throttle pick-up was much smoother afterwards....but I still had to be gentle from low rpms if just cruising and not hauling the mail.

Now I have a Microtec ECU and everything is different, but to be honest my 910 was running very happily before the Microtec. One word though....I had the "Kit"ECU with the ability to adjust idle CO trim that you can't do.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yea, i retained the O2. I guess i will keep an eye out for a throttle tamer and look into the throttle synch procedure or just roll the bike into the mv dealer. Would it be possible to pick up a "kit" ecu and plop that into a 2008?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I put that G2 throttle tamer on my 05 Brutale as well as my F4 312, and it made exactly the difference I was looking for. The abruptness is gone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts