1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,415 Posts
?

looks like some butcher welded it.......:wtf::wtf::wtf:

and the lock ring broke....

time for good stuff :)

I love the stuff people do to bikes......

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
oops !

See if you can get one Stateside..I have a spare in one of my boxes. I need to check the casting number. If it is same I can post it airmail from the UK if you can't get one in MacDonald's land :)

Edit they are the same.... See how you get on but at least you have one option now other than new.

joe

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oops !

See if you can get one Stateside..I have a spare in one of my boxes. I need to check the casting number. If it is same I can post it airmail from the UK if you can't get one in MacDonald's land :)

Edit they are the same.... See how you get on but at least you have one option now other than new.

joe
Thank you !

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Any pre 2009 steering bearing carrier will work, F4 or Brutale, the noble one which is different is the F4 SPR, and even that would work.
But steering stoppers are not the same between models, Brutale has a bigger gap compared to F4.

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Here is the carrier I have.

It has part number 84028 on it. It is used and will require new bearings of course but it isn't cracked or welded and the threads are perfect . It has the locking ring.

I'm afraid I don't have the steering stop just the metal part which butts up to it. I do know they aren't too dear from the dealer or STARTWIN TDG.

Here's a few pics.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Here is the carrier I have.

It has part number 84028 on it. It is used and will require new bearings of course but it isn't cracked or welded and the threads are perfect . It has the locking ring.

I'm afraid I don't have the steering stop just the metal part which butts up to it. I do know they aren't too dear from the dealer or STARTWIN TDG.

Here's a few pics.
Joe, that's not the part number, just a casting number or something similar to that. Believe, we've been down this road, this part will fit and work on that Brutale. :yo:
The steering stop part you have goes at the back of the top yoke, he's looking for the part which bolts to the front of the triple clamp, which in turn stops against the frame directly.

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Joe, that's not the part number, just a casting number or something similar to that. Believe, we've been down this road, this part will fit and work on that Brutale. :yo:
The steering stop part you have goes at the back of the top yoke, he's looking for the part which bolts to the front of the triple clamp, which in turn stops against the frame directly.

Thanks Donsy. There is a variation in the bearing carrier rake angle on the 750s.I sent you one a while ago I remember lol ...Just giving him all the information.... Any road up , It is better than his a tad ..They seem to be thin on the ground these days.. I used to have the steering stop for a Brutale but I must have sent it to someone...So I remember some stuff and forget other stuff "C'est la Vie"

cheers :smoking:

joe

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Thanks Donsy. There is a variation in the bearing carrier rake angle on the 750s.I sent you one a while ago I remember lol ...Just giving him all the information.... Any road up , It is better than his a tad ..They seem to be thin on the ground these days.. I used to have the steering stop for a Brutale but I must have sent it to someone...So I remember some stuff and forget other stuff "C'est la Vie"

cheers :smoking:

joe
Og, I know that feeling my friend :)

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Ha ha ..That is my tablecloth..and that right side carrier is the one I have just pulled out of " central stores" :)
And the left side one is in my bike :yo:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts