MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a project with Aveox, to make the first BRUSHLESS MV bike.

We are asking the MV community here if anyone knows...ANYONE who has a F4 or equivelant MV, with a DEAD engine.

We need a bike, rolling, with no motor, or a dead engine for this project.

I am going to install a Aveox motor, and controller, for the wolrds first all EV superbike, well EV-MV!

I am looking to spend $5000 for a DEAD MV. I am well aware of the ones on cycle trader for $10k-12K. There is a guy localy who has one for $10k. I am trying to get one for $5k....dead of course.

Our motor and controller get 120 miles before recharge, and a top speed of 110 MPH, with 300 lb of /wheel torque (Tested on a R1). The packs are TG Lithium Ion.

I could easily obtain a R1 or similar newer body jap bike for this project, but I cant get out the MV of my head.

Thanks for any input, in advance,

-C :king:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PROJECT EV MV......if anyone knows of a DEAD mv, please contact us...

HI ALL TO THIS FORUM, GREAT FORUM!

This is a repost of what I posted in the classifeids section. I beleive this content is a little different then your normal add, so I posting it here as well, hope his is OK mods, TIA.


I am working on a project with Aveox, to make the first BRUSHLESS MV bike.

We are asking the MV community here if anyone knows...ANYONE who has a F4 or equivelant MV, with a DEAD engine. ((We would not require a motor, brain, or any other related petrol based parts, just a LEGAL frame with forks, wheels and disk brakes, lights, headlight and pnuematics for braking system....heck even the plastics are not required as we will be using a OPP fiberglass body))

We need a bike, rolling, with no motor, or a dead engine for this project.

I am going to install a Aveox motor, and controller, for the worlds first all EV superbike, well an EV-MV!

I have 6 people involved in this project. A fabrication specialist, welder, 3 engineers, and the rest work for ACV.

I am looking to spend $5000 for a DEAD MV. I am well aware of the ones on cycle trader for $10k-12K. There is a guy localy who has one for $10k. I am trying to get one for $5k....dead of course. Otherwise, I HAVE to, I will get eh local F4 for $10k.

Our motor and controller get 120 miles before recharge, and a top speed of 110 MPH, with 300 lb of /wheel torque (Tested on a R1, single gear, thats why we have a low top speed...). The packs are TG Lithium Ion.

I could easily obtain a R1 or similar newer body jap bike for this project, but I cant get out the MV of my head, and the frame is PERFECT for the Ion Batteries (little welding).

Thanks for any input, in advance,

-C

PS, anyone could point me in the direction of a DISTRIBUTOR of MV OEM parts, that would work too! (We can not find one!)
Edit/Delete Message
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,867 Posts
Threads merged. No reason to post in multiple areas of the forum.

Sounds like an interesting project, good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,448 Posts
If you purchase a bike then you are entitled to do what you like with it. In my opinion however, a MV without it's 4 cylinder IC engine is like Mickey mouse without Minnie. :bawling: Can't you do this to an R1 or something? :cross:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
john said:
If you purchase a bike then you are entitled to do what you like with it. In my opinion however, a MV without it's 4 cylinder IC engine is like Mickey mouse without Minnie. :bawling: Can't you do this to an R1 or something? :cross:
Thanks for the input. Well the MV frame, or a Ducati frame are perfect for two reasons. The CG is well forward as I would need for this application, and the tube frame make sit MUCH easier to get good welds on witht the VERY large open cavity with engine removed.

In the next 10 years you guys will see a lot of new Lithium bikes on the streets.
This technology is advancing at the rate that now the motors easly outweigh the performance of a superbike...

If anyone is SERIOUSLY interested as I have become with this....heres a couple of links to the best manufactures for these kinds of prjects...

www.Aveox.com (world leader in brushless neodynium technologies...IE motors.)
http://www.rasertech.com/ (very high performance motors, with OVER 450 pounds foot-torque!!!!, less then 30 lbs in engine weight!!!!)

http://www.bettimoto.com/ita/gallery/gallery.asp?idc=4# (FIRST ITALIAN E-BIKE!!!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,077 Posts
What are you going to use for a transmission? Have you calculated what you will need for gearing? Based on the design of the swingarm, I wonder what the limitation in rear sprocket size is. But I suppose that could be overcome.

I think it would be cool to show people that it could work using a modern cycle like the MV as a platform. But it's also interesting to see what new designs are realized when the slate is whiped clean and a purpose built machine is created.



http://www.naulapaa.com/degree04.html

Unfortunately your price point of $5K is probably not realistic. If it were, someone could buy a bike for $5K add a motor for $2K and have an MV for $7K.

Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,473 Posts
he may not need any gears. the brushless DC motor is basically an AC motor with electronics to do the commutator part.

one really cool feature of a brushless DC motor - full torque at 0 rpm! that's right, the motor has all of it's torque at stall. try that with an IC engine. also, dc brushless can spin up to very high rpms, again with a flat torque curve. hence there is no need for gearing.

now, let's talk about batteries...

what's the energy density?
and what's the cost?
and what's the replacement life?

alex
 

·
MV Cellist
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
Gladio said:
What are you going to use for a transmission? Have you calculated what you will need for gearing? Based on the design of the swingarm, I wonder what the limitation in rear sprocket size is. But I suppose that could be overcome.

I think it would be cool to show people that it could work using a modern cycle like the MV as a platform. But it's also interesting to see what new designs are realized when the slate is whiped clean and a purpose built machine is created.



http://www.naulapaa.com/degree04.html

Unfortunately your price point of $5K is probably not realistic. If it were, someone could buy a bike for $5K add a motor for $2K and have an MV for $7K.

Good luck!
wow, that's a wild looking thing!!

imagine riding/flying that on a track! it must a blast(if it works well of course)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,077 Posts
altoon said:
he may not need any gears. the brushless DC motor is basically an AC motor with electronics to do the commutator part.

one really cool feature of a brushless DC motor - full torque at 0 rpm! that's right, the motor has all of it's torque at stall. try that with an IC engine. also, dc brushless can spin up to very high rpms, again with a flat torque curve. hence there is no need for gearing.


That's one huge-ass gear...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,179 Posts
I would suggest you purchase a functional MV for the best tprice you can get. Then part out what you don't need. The motor alone should bring a bunch, especially if you get one of the later, higher-HP motors....
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top