MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THIS IS NOT A FOR SALE AD!!!!

Hey guys I have been kicking around the idea of selling my 07 Senna.
Between rarely if ever using it (got a bit fatter and older), afraid to damage it (and my knees), wishing it was in a better home etc, I have honestly contemplated letting it go. Im not going to lie, I am more of a Ducati family and believe it could be in a better place. When I bought it from iconic motorbikes, I had a new Mitchy hub put on, new tires, upgraded water pump, fork seals and a bit more. Since purchasing it I make sure the oil changes are done done every 6-8 months and ride it a few miles a month to warm it up. Its in beautiful shape with 11k miles. So here's my question, I have been looking at the values of these bikes and they go from $13k to mid-high $20's. What do you guys think would be my best option to sell it? Use Mecum, BAT, etc? I originally paid $14k in 2018 and threw about $3-4k into it over time. I have the silk black cover for it, a new full clutch rebuild kit, additional Mv 2 tone indoor cover also. Crappy thing is that im missing the Plaque and certificate for it which blows. Id like to get some opinions and see what you guys think on what would be a best approach scenario. I appreciate any input.

Thanks!
Ben

EDIT: The extra clutch kit I have is because I was told by Pro Italia (where its been serviced) that getting the parts needed if it ever needed to be done would be super difficult to get because the parts were specific to MV's. There is nothing wrong with the clutch.

· Registered
1000R, 749S, 998
224 Posts
I think you’re spot on in price range, not sure if an auction will bring you a higher price but again all depends what buyer is willing to pay. I purchased the “project” SPR @ Iconic & few weeks later 2 clean low miles SPR sold for a few grand more … it didn’t bother me how much I paid I just wanted one!

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you’re spot on in price range, not sure if an auction will bring you a higher price but again all depends what buyer is willing to pay. I purchased the “project” SPR @ Iconic & few weeks later 2 clean low miles SPR sold for a few grand more … it didn’t bother me how much I paid I just wanted one!

I appreciate your input.

· Registered
5,802 Posts
Without plaque and certificate? What a normal F4 1000R would cost or what a someone is prepared to give more for it.

· Registered
3,521 Posts
I came very close to picking up a ~10k mile Senna 1000 with no plaque/cert a few months ago for 11. Clean title but I discovered a scratch on the frame as well as paint work so I walked. The problem with no plaque or cert is how do you know which number Senna you have?

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I came very close to picking up a ~10k mile Senna 1000 with no plaque/cert a few months ago for 11. Clean title but I discovered a scratch on the frame as well as paint work so I walked. The problem with no plaque or cert is how do you know which number Senna you have?

Thats why I started the registry thread a while back, there are a good number of us who don't know our bike numbers unfortunately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts