MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys around rest of the world please let me know what the 910R Wally is now selling for where you are ?

I have the option to buy one here in Australia and I need to know what kind of stupidly low offer I should make to the dealer that needs to move it on.

I'll take prices on the 910R and other variants there off if you have them.

Cheers
Rich

·
Administrator
20,060 Posts
I don't think any Wallys came to the USA. I'm not sure they were sold anywhere other than Australia.

Very small production numbers.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
is the wally the one u saw on bike sales

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I don't think any Wallys came to the USA. I'm not sure they were sold anywhere other than Australia.

Very small production numbers.

I agree with Ed. From what I've seen, the Wally is a really cool bike. If you like the bike, I'd say it's worth maybe 10-15% more than an equivalent 910R in your market.

I recognize the "Wally" name is supposed to have some cache' based on their yacht products, but in the US, that name has zero name recognition. It might even have a certain negative connotation here.....the "Wally Edition"? What's next, the "Bubba Edition"?

Comments guys?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is the issue with the WALLY name and its many meanings, but the Wally version of the Brutale is the only one I really really like other than the matt finished 750 that I have already.

There are 118 of them, mostly in Europe I would guess, there are somewhere between 3 and 5 in Australia.

·
Registered
404 Posts
A standard 910r is about £6000 at the moment in the UK for a 2009 model. This is roughly AUD$ 9500.
So maybe your looking about the 11k mark for it.

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,474 Posts
What does a "Wally" look like?

·
Registered
983 Posts
The Brutale Wally was delivered in 2008 at the same time as the Brutale Hydrogen came out.

These had the same specifications as a standard Brutale 910R. The price was the same as a standard 910R. But the colors are, as you see different.

Some are positive about these bikes other are negative. I've seen both live and for me they are beautiful.
I'd chosen a Wally over a standard 910R although black is not my favorite color.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I can only imagine how much petrol that thing drinks per minute at 60 knots.

From wiki:

The price of the 118 Wallypower is US$33 million for the triple gas turbine version, or $22 million for twin diesels. It has a range of 1,500 nautical miles (2,800 km) at 9 knots (17 km/h), or 300 nautical miles (560 km) at 60 knots (110 km/h). Fuel capacity is 22,000 liters (5800 US gallons). At the maximum speed of 60 knots (110 km/h) the gas turbine uses 15 US gallons / 58 liters of fuel per nautical mile, 900 gallons / 3500 liters per hour

·
Registered
983 Posts
I can only imagine how much petrol that thing drinks per minute at 60 knots.

From wiki:

The price of the 118 Wallypower is US$33 million for the triple gas turbine version, or $22 million for twin diesels. It has a range of 1,500 nautical miles (2,800 km) at 9 knots (17 km/h), or 300 nautical miles (560 km) at 60 knots (110 km/h). Fuel capacity is 22,000 liters (5800 US gallons). At the maximum speed of 60 knots (110 km/h) the gas turbine uses 15 US gallons / 58 liters of fuel per nautical mile, 900 gallons / 3500 liters per hour
Even at full throttle, it has over duble range than what is possible on a 910R:naughty:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts