MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its been a while.

Miss the forum, so I am going to try to be around more. As some of you know, sold my prized 312R to a Tat shop in Hawaii where it sits on display. Year ago fell on hard times. Now I am back.

I am in Afghanistan for another few months. Can not wait to get home to the real world.

We are moving to Florida soon, and I will be buying another 312R soon.
Can not wait to ride. God knows I will need years of riding to forget this place.

Aloha

·
Registered
517 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Good stuff. What's the name of the shop that has your old bike? A buddy of mine lives out there.

Thanks for the service. Get home safe.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THinking of Sarasota area-all the way down to Naples. A bit undecided.

The shop is called Artisan tatoo, next to Honolulu zoo.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Where you at in Trashcanistan? I've been all over that place with 3d and 7th SFG.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Was at Shawqat, closed now now at a site very close to it (OPSEC, i know i know). SW Helmand, next to Lash now.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Of course, the one province I never visited. Most of my time was SOTF SE and at Bagram, but I traveled all over. A lot of VSPs and VSSAs.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i heard it is a lot nicer over in SE. Have been on British bases the entire time. Feel a bit lucky as their DFAC is amazing compared to the absolute shite our troops serve. I can get used to steaks and chocolate cake...

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Yeah, the Brit DFACs are pretty swanky in comparison to the USA ones. Unless you find yourself on a USAF-run FOB, we tend to eat pretty good (hence all the fatbodies). Lol. I spent a little time in Bastion, just waited on the ramp for patients/casualties to be loaded up, then we took off.

Also, if you ever find yourself in Herat, try to hit-up the Italian pizza place (just ask around). So good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts