MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all!

Thanks to your suggestions, I've finally decided to join your ranks with a Pearl 312. Bike'll arrive and be ready in several weeks, so, in the meantime, I'm looking at mods to the bike.

(1) Exhaust - Want the MV Corse RG3s
I'm just looking for exhaust tone improvement. Even though it's hard to define it's cost/benefit, but just want your opinion: Is the FULL TIs worth the $$$ over stock?

Also, would a FULL Kit reduce the heat? Heard somewhere that it does. If so, how much?

(2) License Plate Eliminator
Suggestions? I'm looking @ the Tail Tidy. Anyone using it?

(3) Any other mod suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I got the fender eliminator kit and the intergrated (clear) signal / rear light. Looks very cool. I'll post some pics tomorrow. As for the $6k+ for the exhaust... They were still making it when I checked last. I've never heard it but if you got the money why not.....

I'm looking at swapping out all the black plastic for carbon ($4200) and I've heard the brembo master cylindars are even more amazing. Oh... so far, I love the Garmin 550. So what is that... another $15K or so... him... I could get a track bike for that. :)

-W

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Unless you have heaps of money, I think the Slip on RG3's will be fine. I believe the 312 has the cat welded in so you can't replace that unless you opt for a whole system. I have a mate with an AGO and he left his cat in. I took mine out with a mid pipe and you can't hear or feel any difference.
Apart from that what else can you do but ride it, enjoy and welcome to the family.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. Weskro, any pics or details on your fender eliminator kit? Thanks all!!! Can't wait . . . just a couple of days more!!!

·
Registered
689 Posts
I didn't notice any difference between the sound of the RG3 and the titanium silencers, but I didn't actually ride them back to back. To be honest, I didn't ride the Ti system, but followed it quite a bit. The price difference is for weight and coolness.

The RG3 has a great sound. Not too different at idle, just a little throatier, but much better than stock when the revs go up a little. Above 6K, it's got a nice howl without being obnoxious.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! Those look sweet, but I prefer a relocator that allows me to keep turn signals. Any suggestions?

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's it!!! Thanks! So, just to confirm, the Rizomas do fit on the F4. I know that there isn't a specific one for the F4, so I just want to make sure that the universal one fits the F4 before I order it. Thanks!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Here are the pics (high res in my album)

Evoluzione License Plate relocator​

License and Light

Under wiring (more in my album)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hmm... I just noticed that. I'm not sure if just looks that way because of the angle of my camera and the extreme wide angle lens I was using (nikkor 12-24). I'm going to go down and check it out now. LOL.

Well, if it is crooked, it's being replaced next week with the full Ti exhaust from MV! :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks again. Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to stick to the ugly stock plate holder. My R1 just got impounded by the police here because I installed a fender eliminator :cussing: Guess I'm gonna have to keep a low pro with the MV. Last thing I want is the MV to be sitting out in the open in sun and rain for a week like the R1!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Huh? Illegal? It has a light on it and it's visable from 500 feet, how is that illegal?

Re: turn signals... RCW states.

(8) Side turn signal lamps. Side turn signal lamps shall be mounted on the side not lower than 20 inches nor higher than 72 inches. The lamps shall flash with the front and rear turn signal lamps on their respective sides of the vehicle. On vehicles equipped with sequential turn signal lamps, the side turn signal lamps shall flash with the front turn signal lamps. If the side turn signal lamps flash when the hazard warning switch is actuated, all such lamps shall flash with the rear turn signal lamps.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You guys are lucky. I'm not in the US unfortunately. Got busted for 3 things:

(1) No reflector below license plate
(2) No flap below license plate to prevent bike from kicking up rocks :banghead:
(3) LED turnsignal mods (Rizoma Zeros)

And for that, they're gonna impound my bike for 72 hours in the sun and rain before returning it to me with a order to fix the above!!!

Good thing is that my MV just arrived. May get to uncrate it tomorrow if I'm lucky!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts