MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owning an MV is sheer bliss. Lovely machine, prestigious marque with a great historic background, what could be better! However, when things start to go wrong and your dealer needs to order parts from Italy because of a warranty claim etc, it’s a different story. Unfortunately, the dealers can't stock all the parts and the importers stock a limited number of parts. So, when you place your order with the factory, this could take any length of time. Now, regarding the shipment of parts, MV really needs to get their act together. If Ducati can ship parts within 24/48 hours, the same should apply to MV. I know a few people who have got their bikes in with the dealer for the past month and no parts have arrived. How bloody frustrating! To keep the customer hanging on a shoe string is not acceptable. If MV wants more future sales, then they need to take this onboard. OK, there are plenty of die hard MV followers on this forum and I would also class myself in the same category, however, the majority of people want quick and efficient service and good customer service!

·
Registered
459 Posts
The problem in the UK is that the importer, 3X , only send orders on a weekly basis if I remember correctly. I,m sure MV are supplying parts daily .

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know quite a few people who are interested in owning an MV. However, high priced servicing costs and parts problems really turns people off!

·
Registered
130 Posts
It's a similar story with Ducati.

This may sound stupid but the only way round such things is to own and run more than one bike!

If the MV's off the road (which it hasn't been yet) I'll run the Ducati, and vice versa.

If they're both running I have a nice choice when I open the garage door!

Or buy a Jap.

bc

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
beancounter said:
It's a similar story with Ducati.

This may sound stupid but the only way round such things is to own and run more than one bike!

If the MV's off the road (which it hasn't been yet) I'll run the Ducati, and vice versa.

If they're both running I have a nice choice when I open the garage door!

Or buy a Jap.

bc

Hello Beancounter, how have you been. Decided to come over from the Duke forum? Have you seen Martin recently.

·
Registered
130 Posts
nicensleazy said:
Hello Beancounter, how have you been. Decided to come over from the Duke forum? Have you seen Martin recently.
Yes quite a bit.

I had the mid-pipe replaced on the Senna, then a new set of rearsets for the 996 (while I was getting a loose electrical connection fixed...)

To save on administration I've offered to have my salary paid directly into their business account each month, it'll save on credit card costs as well...

bc

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I totally agree, our UK summers are far too short to be waiting around for MV to supply spare part (and at my age my riding seasons are decreasing with at a higher percentage every year) on the other side of the coin though I would have thought by now that 3X would have some sort of handle on the parts situation and maybe hold a buffer stock? or maybe 3X has the same mentality as MV, i.e. they just don'y give a f**k once you have bought the bike? :stickpoke

·
Registered
364 Posts
How hard can it be in terms of parts supply to support a marque that essentially only makes two bikes? I would think it's a fairly low investment in parts stock when many parts are common not only to both bikes but also across all model years.

To me it seems that the UK dealers have a complete aversion to stocking any parts at all and I wouldn't be surprised if 3X's parts stock was nothing more than an old shoe box containing a couple of oil filters and a handful of washers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My local dealer said that MV Agusta provide better service then anyone else. I do not know if it right, but they insisted Agusta has the best parts service.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts