MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey All,

Just after a bit of advice if this has happened to anyone else on here.

This is in regards to a MV Brute 750 2005 model

I went for a ride the other day, (First decent ride in over a year) but I noticed on over run, the bike was back firing quite a lot and also on idle the oil warning light flickers on and off.....Once I was moving again, the bike was fine.....I didn't pay too much attention till I got off the mountain where at a T Intersection I went to take off and it konked out on me.....I rode it home and as I said, while riding above 2000rpm the bike is fine.....but under that, it gets a bit grumpy. I put this down to a dud battery as the battery on the bike was a cheapy that my dad put on while he was "borrowing" the bike. I got it home and changed the battery and the bike started up and everything seemed fine....

Cue today, rode the bike to work and while the bike was cold, it seemed to be fine, but once warmed up to running temperature, it started to conk out again while on idle. (Sounds almost like the coils are going.....these have all been replaced about a year or so ago) Again, while riding, the bike is flawless while above the 2000 rpm mark, just gives trouble while under it.......Any one with any help would be appreciated.

Also, where is a good mechanic in South East QLD? I have been to Moto Arena a few times but never left the bike there.....any one got any suggestions?

Tim

·
Registered
834 Posts
Coxy,

My bets on a coil/s. Had the same problem. Bought a full set off an Italian wrecker on ebay (http://www.motoricambicerignola.com) for a pretty reasonable price ($170us). Checkout the threads also as there are a few members here with units to sell at times. Change your plugs as well while you're at it. Good luck with the tuner, you're closer to where there might be some than me. Give Dom at Protech M/cyles Port Macquarie a ring he might be able to help.

Cheers

Deano

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Deano,

I must have forgotten to add that I have done coils before, I had an issue a few years back and it turned out to be coils. This was after Trooper Lu's had played with it and had no real success….But I have since replaced all four. I hear mixed reports about Dom, I hear he is very competent and pretty well liked around the place, but my dad has had his Aprilia in there for about 6 months and hasn't had the best experience with the place. Maybe a one off but when it's a 8 hour drive away I would have to know they're the best that is around. Anywhere else around south east QLD? Any reports on Moto Arena?

Who on earth do you get to do your work up there in townsville?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hey Deano,

I must have forgotten to add that I have done coils before, I had an issue a few years back and it turned out to be coils. This was after Trooper Lu's had played with it and had no real success….But I have since replaced all four. I hear mixed reports about Dom, I hear he is very competent and pretty well liked around the place, but my dad has had his Aprilia in there for about 6 months and hasn't had the best experience with the place. Maybe a one off but when it's a 8 hour drive away I would have to know they're the best that is around. Anywhere else around south east QLD? Any reports on Moto Arena?

Me! Be a cold day in hell when any of the butchers up here ever see it in their shops. Only problem is getting to a good tuner. Long way from you, even more for me. Sorry can't help with any tuners down your way. Motolife have recently opened a shop here and I'll go and quiz their mechanic and see if he can recommend anyone down your way. I have a microtec from Chris at Xbikes which I play around with myself.

Cheers

Deano

·
Vendor
5,638 Posts
Hey Deano,

Moto Arena is now called Motobarn and are very proffesional.They will sort your problem.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Me! Be a cold day in hell when any of the butchers up here ever see it in their shops. Only problem is getting to a good tuner. Long way from you, even more for me. Sorry can't help with any tuners down your way. Motolife have recently opened a shop here and I'll go and quiz their mechanic and see if he can recommend anyone down your way. I have a microtec from Chris at Xbikes which I play around with myself.

Cheers

Deano
Hey Deano,

Thanks for the advice, do you have a brute? What does the Microtec do?

Moto Arena is now called Motobarn and are very proffesional.They will sort your problem.
Hey Mitchy,

Thanks for the advice ,on a side note, how do your hubs go replacing the old bearing issues? Do they last forever or what's the go?

Tim

·
Super Moderator
24,095 Posts
Coxy10, the preceding image is a joke brought on by the title of this thread, had this been an actual insult, the image would have contained additional instructions.:smoking:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Coxy10, the preceding image is a joke brought on by the title of this thread, had this been an actual insult, the image would have contained additional instructions.:smoking:
hahaha yeah cottoned on that it was a joke lol.

With the SPU, what is a SPU? Judging from the link you posted, my vin is ZCGF######V000719 Which would mean its the earlier model SPU and would need part #8A00A9615. Which bears the question, how much are the little suckers and where do you get them from?

Tim

·
Vendor
5,638 Posts
Hey Deano,

Thanks for the advice, do you have a brute? What does the Microtec do?

Hey Mitchy,

Thanks for the advice ,on a side note, how do your hubs go replacing the old bearing issues? Do they last forever or what's the go?

Tim
Nothing mechanical lasts forever,but saying that my hubs do solve the inherent bearing failure.

Also have a read of this-
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41943

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nothing mechanical lasts forever,but saying that my hubs do solve the inherent bearing failure.

Also have a read of this-
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41943
Yeah I thought as much, I am in the process of getting some new bearings from the Knurl at the moment, but I think the hub will be the next thing to be replaced…..how much do you charge? I can pick it up!

·
Vendor
5,638 Posts
Yeah I thought as much, I am in the process of getting some new bearings from the Knurl at the moment, but I think the hub will be the next thing to be replaced…..how much do you charge? I can pick it up!
$750.00.

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
Tim;

coming up on 22,000 mi on Mitch Hub #6

zero issues.......I don't even think about it

:drummer::drummer::drummer:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
See how I go, not completely convinced that I will keep the bike for much longer either at the moment, but if I do, I will get one of those Hubs I think! Thanks for the help guys

·
Super Moderator
24,095 Posts
I think Star Twin Trading is the SPU provider of choice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts