MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am heading over to Sommerville, just outside NJ to visit my Brother and his family.
We will play golf, drink a little, gamble a little down in AC, but I know I will miss riding my MV.
Are there places where bikes can be hired (sports bikes) to scratch the itch :later:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Have fun, I have a lot of relatives in the US and hope to get there in a couple of years. It would be great if you get to hire a bike and even better if you get to catch up with some of our fellow forumites for a ride.

If worst comes to worse theres always the test ride :laughing: just be careful that you don't look the wrong way when pulling out into traffic.

·
Registered
756 Posts
You can rent Harleys in a few places...but not many options for other bikes. I just got back from Sydney. Didn't have much time for riding but did try to find the MV dealer. Ultimately determined it was relatively close to where I was staying. Would have tried harder to find it if I thought I could handle riding on the wrong side of the street. :stickpoke Enjoy the US...lots of bikes out in the Northeast with the decent weather :)

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Velocemoto said:
I'm actually going to California {Hollywood East} next week for work ..............anywhere decent I should check out for bike stuff ???
wow, really? go to Pro Italia in Glendale:http://www.proitalia.com/

http://www.gpstar.net/gpmotorcycles.html never been there, but sounds very exclusive and interesting. they're in N. Hollywood.

I know you are here to work, but when are you going to be here? I am going on tour with the orchestra to nothern California and Seattle area from 5/15-18, let me know if you want to come to our concert on the 20th and 21st. PM me, it would be nice if we can meet up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry curious, I used too many m's, Somerville is about an hour from Newark. My brother has lived there for about 8 years, I have been there probably more than 10 times.
I do travel a lot, but have never really thought of bike renting, although once when I was in Milan, I drove a ferarri around Imola, and rode a Duke around the same track. At the time all I was worried about was not binning the beast, then having to explain why I was not working.
This time is private stuff, so my younger Brother has been on many bikes with me, and he suggested it would be nice if I could take him on the back again
He has no idea if bikes can be rented, but is looking into it, so I will let you know if he finds anything

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Rocket, I will do google search also. Will let all know how I go. With pics of course when I return :later:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts