MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, i'm matt,a fellow Brutale{2nd} owner living at 6000ft in the park{own a home 3 miles south of yosemite valley , at the intersection of HWY41/glacier point}.I would like to welcome and offer lodging for one and all mvagusta net.. I have room for a tent or 2 in backyard or i manage a couple other houses in neighborhood for a small fee {for larger groups}. I have 3 ways to leave my home,first sign states 34MILES{twistes} 2nd 17MILES[twistes} and 3rd 41MILES[twistes} ALL NEWLY PAVED!!!!! up over TIOGA pass to the eastern sierra's:yo:

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
Yosemite?

Matt;
put this in the 'Events, Group Rides, and Meets' section then everyone will see it:smoking:

thats very gracious of you Matt!

for those of you that have never seen Yosemite......it is truly spectacular

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Welcome :brutale: and thanks for the kind offer :)

I had to google Yosemite, but now i know it's a beautiful place :smoking:

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
Yosemite, is a must see in your life time!

If you can go to Yosemite in late May or early June, the Falls will be at there best.....you can literally FEEL Yosemite Falls from a mile away!

camping in Yosemite, make your reservations early;
http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/camping.htm

unfortunately you will never get to see the Fire Fall from Glacier Point, they did it from 1872-1968, yes, burning embers falling 3,000 feet during the summer at 9PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yosemite_Firefall

check out the eastern entrance to the Park, Tioga Pass and Tuolumne Meadows;
http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/tiogaopen.htm

if you go before the end of July, take tire chains, it is the highest pass in the Sierra Nevada mountain chain, almost 10,000'/3,000M+, thats 50% higher than most Swiss Alpine passes

rock climbing;
it doesn't get more famous than El Capitan.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Capitan

did you see the 2nd free ascent of the Nose (of El Capitan) took 261 DAYS.....it has been speed climbed in 2:36.45.....yup, 2 hours 36 minutes and 45 seconds:wtf:

the weather there can bite you:naughty:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my friend Hans Florine is going for the new El Cap record{one of the houses i manage} he had the previous record.If anyone has the chance to view" The Man who can fly" it is also about a neighbor Dean Potter [current el cap record holder] and his quest to jump off a mountain and fly 5miles{forward} without any assistance WILD-150mph

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
my friend Hans Florine is going for the new El Cap record{one of the houses i manage} he had the previous record.If anyone has the chance to view" The Man who can fly" it is also about a neighbor Dean Potter [current el cap record holder] and his quest to jump off a mountain and fly 5miles{forward} without any assistance WILD-150mph
Unassisted????? Not even a wing- suit???

That's balls!!!!
Is he also a IOM TT rider?:yo:

·
King of Bling
9,825 Posts
Yosemite truly Gods country..

I went to Yosemite in 2008 .. I went to visit a friend of mine who moved to the US 17 years ago and I can appreciate why he never came back to the UK..

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Matt,
It sounds like you replaced the one I bought from you, what did you get?
Your old Brutale is running good and looking good. I got carried away and replaced most of the plastic with CF. It would be fun to do a ride up there and rent a place for the night, maybe when it gets a little warmer.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Is that you standing in front of a typical American tree?
lol. typical american tree..

Indeed, Yosemite is truly spectacular. I drove there from SF at 5am, got there by 9am, spent the entire day there, and was home in SF by 1am. I would recommend staying there overnight.

Attachments

·
King of Bling
9,825 Posts
Is that you standing in front of a typical American tree?
No.. That is my mate Dom ( lives in Ione CA) next to that little sapling..

This is me under the tree trying to hold back the snow that day and failing miserably.

I tell you one thing.. Its frigging freezing going over the mountains on bikes on the other side of Yosemite ..

We drove over the mountains, came back the otherside and ended up near the Red Woods.. I was hoping to see some bears, but didn't have any luck.. There can't be many Grizzys left in CA and only brown bears ?

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Last weekend it snowed over 3ft at my house and was riding yesterday{light sand in certain areas} but rode down to the cental valley.The picture alvin had taken is just up glacier point road[ i live at hwy41/glacier piont} ALL ARE WELCOME also great trout fishing{ brooks,rainbows and browns and golden in higher elv

1 - 14 of 14 Posts